Gone with the Wind soundtrack CD
  • The problem is that if you want to hear one portion, you can't find it easily

• by Orrymain

This Gone with the Wind soundtrack CD is labeled as ‘The New Recording of Max Steiner’s Classic’. It was done with LaserLight Digital technology. It has one big plus and one big minus in my book.

The big plus is that this music is as wonderful as ever. It sweeps us away

and takes us through the journey of southern life on Tara before, during, and after the war. It’s very easy to get caught up in the world of Scarlett O’Hara with this powerful score.

I was very happy to put this on and just let it play. It brought the movie to my eyes and gave me the same passion that I feel when I’m watching this Oscar-winning production on screen. It’s awesome. That swell of the familiar Tara’s Theme takes my breath away even after all these years.

The big plus is that the score is broken down into two suites, the first being the opening ...

• Gone with the Wind soundtrack CD
      through the beginning of the war. Suite 2 begins with Belle Watling and goes through to the conclusion. The problem is that if you want to hear one portion, you can’t find it easily.

Suite 1 is some 20 minutes long, while Suite 2 is about 16 minutes in length. There are

no subdivisions at all. I wish it had been produced in such a manner that we could select Bonnie’s Theme, for example, or tune right in to the Scarlett O’Hara portion. That’s the downside.

Still, the Gone with the Wind soundtrack CD is awesome. It’s hard to complain about a great musical score.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141901958800431/k2311a0119/1.19.10