Ride the Wild Surf movie  » Movies  »
2.0
  • However, I was really distracted when watching this motion picture, which I've seen a few times over the years

• by Orrymain

From 1964, Ride the Wild Surf is one overly melodramatic movie that tried to capitalize on the beach picture craze. About the only thing it has going for it is a great cast, at least as far as bikini and surf pictures of the 60’s go. Fabian, Tab Hunter, Peter Brown, James Mitchum, Shelley Fabares, Barbara

Eden, and Roger Davis starred.

However, I was really distracted when watching this motion picture, which I’ve seen a few times over the years. Every time I see it, it feels off to me, and one reason why is the great hair switch as I call. Normally a blonde, Eden is a brunette in the movie.

• Normally a brunette, Fabares is a blonde, and Brown, normally dark haired, is a stereotypical surfer blond in the movie. It’s all very warped and it takes me out of the story, such as there is one anyway.

Ride the Wild Surf includes a ton of shots of the ocean waves that are the real stars of this

soap opera film anyway. I’d mention the scenery, but in this flick, the waves are the scenery. Basically, it’s three California surfer dudes trying to earn their medal on the Hawaiian surf scene. Romance and further conflict ensue.

In reality, it’s a very bad movie. There’s no excitement. Not even the waves are all that thrilling.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111901958700431/k2311a0119/1.19.10