Lip Fusion Plumper  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • While the clear version simply imparts a subtle shine, I decided I wanted a little more bang for my buck so I purchased Sexy, a cherry red gloss
  • The color I purchased, Sexy, is one of the best red lip glosses that I've found
  • Personally, I enjoy the tingling feeling, which is an exaggerated version of how a menthol lip treatment feels
  • While the idea of a plumping gloss is very enticing, unfortunately, at least in the case of this one, it's simply too good to be true

• by Dorian Gray

There are plenty of products on the market that promise to plump your lips without painful collagen injections from a plastic surgeon, and one of the pioneers was Lip Fusion. Billed as a “micro-injected collagen lip plumper,” the formula is available as a clear gloss as well as many color options. While the clear version simply imparts a subtle shine, I decided I wanted a little more bang for my buck so I purchased Sexy, a cherry red gloss.

Lip Fusion doesn’t come cheap: expect to pay around 40 USD for a tube. The packaging is modern: a clear, square hard-plastic tube with a shiny

silver lid. The gloss is applied with a simple sponge applicator. It goes on like any other gloss, but within a few seconds, you will feel a slight tingling in your lips followed by a numb feeling. Supposedly, this means your lips are being plumped. The flavor is slightly citrus and I find it rather pleasant. Aside from the clear version, the colors range from browns to pinks to reds, in sheer or shimmering finishes.

The main question is: does it really plump your lips? I don’t really notice a visible difference. Lip Fusion’s website claims that it works because “dehydrated marine collagen microspheres” are ...

• absorbed and rehydrated with moisture from your lips and cause a temporary swelling. They claim that the results can last up to 48 hours, which I find laughable. I am not alone in my opinion: most of the reviewers on Sephora.com give the product a decent rating but don’t actually see a difference in terms of the plumpness of their lips.

However, despite my doubts that this product works as it claims, it is a pretty decent lip gloss. It is just sticky enough to have staying power but leaves your lips feeling smooth and moisturized. The color I purchased, Sexy, is one of the

best red lip glosses that I’ve found. It instantly brightens my face and is appropriate for day or night. You can also apply Lip Fusion over another lipstick for a little extra shine. Personally, I enjoy the tingling feeling, which is an exaggerated version of how a menthol lip treatment feels. But for the steep price tag, it’s probably not worth it because there are plenty of other glosses on the market that last as long and feel just as nice. While the idea of a plumping gloss is very enticing, unfortunately, at least in the case of this one, it’s simply too good to be true.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311901958540431/k2311a0119/1.19.10