Sicilian Lasagna Pizza  » Food  »
2.5
  • When I saw the new Pizza Hut Sicilian Lasagna Pizza on television, I told myself that it was definitely something I would have to try
  • After having it, however, I found myself extremely disappointed
  • While I love ricotta cheese on lasagna, I don't think it was the right choice to put on a pizza
  • After it was all said and done, I wound up with leftovers from the Sicilian pizza because I found I preferred the mushroom pizza I ordered for $5 more

• by Steve
      When I saw the new Pizza Hut Sicilian Lasagna Pizza on television, I told myself that it was definitely something I would have to try. After having it, however, I found myself extremely disappointed. I’ll start out by saying the pizza wasn’t extremely horrible. It did taste OK.

And, it was extremely filling. However, I honestly didn’t think it was anything special. It definitely wasn’t something I would find myself insisting my friends try.

I didn?t hate it, but I also didn’t leave the restaurant satisfied with my choice in entr饮 First, when they brought out the pizza, I found out it

wasn?t any bigger than a medium -sized pizza. That was a huge letdown for me, considering it is priced at $10. 95.

It also didn’t help that the pizza looked even smaller on the round serving dish the waitress used. When I took my first bite of the pizza, the first thought I had was ’something tastes weird about this,’ which is not the reaction I was hoping to have or should have had on a pizza that has gotten as much publicity as that one. They had a decent amount of spices on the pizza, probably more than they would put on ...

• a regular pizza.

However, every time I took a bite, all I could really taste on it was the ricotta cheese. While I love ricotta cheese on lasagna, I don’t think it was the right choice to put on a pizza. It’s just too strong of a cheese and doesn’t allow you to taste anything else.

I was also very disappointed by the lack of meat on the pizza, considering the commercial for it makes it look like there’s plenty of sausage for everyone. All I could taste was cheese and sauce. After it was all said and done, I wound up

with leftovers from the Sicilian pizza because I found I preferred the mushroom pizza I ordered for $5 more.

In fact, I’m probably going to end up throwing the rest of the Sicilian in the garbage since I just can’t get excited about eating another slice of it. I’ll never tell people what they should or should not spend their money on. However, if they choose to spend it on this pizza, I would warn them not to expect to get their money’s worth.

To me, it was just another overpriced specialty pizza. It wasn’t bad, but it also wasn’t anything you’re going to want to write home about either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721095841131/k2311a102/10.2.06