Grant’s Farm  » Travel  »
10501 Gravois Road, St. Louis, Mo.
  • The best part for the girls was the goats
  • She loves horses, I think she took half a role of film on these alone
  • I learned a lot of history I did not know about
  • Overall, Grant's Farm was fun for us as well as the girls, and I learned some interesting facts

• by Sandi

St. Louis, Mo. is only about a five hour drive from where we live in Joplin, Mo. We visit here quite often and keep finding things we have not done or scene. On our last vist we decieded to try out Grant’s Farm.

This was highly reccomended to us by some friends. It must have been a while since they had been to Grant’s Farm. They told us it was only about five dollars per car to get in. It was actuall up to eleven dollars when we visited the past summer.

It ended up being well worth it. I went to Grant’s Farm with my husband and two daughters. one is a teenager and the other a toddler. It

is hard to find something that both of them enjoy considering the age difference.

To our surprise they both loved Grant’s Farm. Everywhere we went there were animals, both exotic and wild, and domestic and tame. The best part for the girls was the goats. We got to feed the goats and had to fight them off.

They were so excited they were head butting and jumping all over us. For a dollar a bottle, the girls got to feed the baby goats as well. It was like a big petting zoo everywhere we went. My toddler talked about the baby goats and the baby horses she got to pet all the way home.

My teenager got to pet huge ...

• turtles, the baby was scared of these. Also my teen. was really in awe with the Clydesdale horses. She had seen these on tv and in pictures, but never live and in person.

She said they looked so much better and more beautiful even in person. She loves horses, I think she took half a role of film on these alone. We were shocked to find that the eleven dollars we had paid included a tram ride around the farm, where we saw the famous Grant’s cabin and many more animals, as well as a tour of his house and the museum. The house was a magnificent, almost mansion like cival war ara house like we had pictured being in

southern states only at the time.

The tour guide was very informative. I learned a lot of history I did not know about. I now realize what an important part Ulysses S. Grant played in out country’s history.

He was quite an amazeing man with a very eventful life. The museum was ok. It was more up my husbands alley with all the guns and cival war relics. I let him spend some time in here, while I went back to playing with animals with the girls.

Overall, Grant’s Farm was fun for us as well as the girls, and I learned some interesting facts. We will probably go back again, if for nothing else, to play with the animals and feed the goats.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381801958330931/k2311a0118/1.18.10