Pizza Hut  » Restaurants  »
2.5
Beaver Dam, WI
  • We were having a family movie night Friday night (watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) so my wife and I decided that it was a good occasion to order a pizza
  • The decision was an OK one when it came to the price but I have to say I wasn’t very impressed
  • I ordered the pizza on-line, which proved to be relatively easy and I was happy with that
  • Now, I know this might not seem like a big deal and some people would be thrilled that the pizza was delivered early rather than late
  • In fact, we were all still hungry after eating it (making me regret not picking up some sort of appetizer to go with it)

• by Review Vigilante

We were having a family movie night Friday night (watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) so my wife and I decided that it was a good occasion to order a pizza. I ended up choosing our local Pizza Hut because the company is having a sale where you can order any pizza for just $10 ($12 when you pay for delivery). The decision was an OK one when it came to the price but I have to say I wasn’t very impressed. I rarely order for delivery because places around here have a tendency not to find our house (I can’t tell you the number of times a driver has ended up on the other side of town).

But, I didn’t want to go by there either

so I took a chance. I ordered the pizza on-line, which proved to be relatively easy and I was happy with that. The entire process took me about 15 minutes and I was able to pay for it ahead of time and order it for a later delivery.

But, the execution of that order left a bit more to be desired. For one, I ordered the pizza to be delivered around 5:30 in the evening. They delivered it a few minutes after five.

Now, I know this might not seem like a big deal and some people would be thrilled that the pizza was delivered early rather than late. But, I had to work Friday and I wasn’t 100 percent sure if my wife would be home by ...

• 5 either; that’s why I ordered it for the time I did. The driver was fortunate I was there; I just walked in the door.

But, by the time I got a chance to actually eat the pizza, it was getting cold. So, I wasn’t happy with that early delivery at all. The pizza itself wasn’t terrible.

We ordered the supreme pizza. But, their large size isn’t very big. We normally order large pizzas from other restaurants and have leftovers.

We didn’t have any leftovers from this pizza. In fact, we were all still hungry after eating it (making me regret not picking up some sort of appetizer to go with it). And, while the pizza had a reasonable amount of toppings on it, Pizza Hut still continues

to use way too much sauce.

Again, you wouldn’t think it’s a big deal. But, they use so much sauce, it tends to make the crust soggy (especially when the pizza is delivered 30 minutes early and has to sit around a while before being eaten). I ended up having to eat my pizza with a fork because I got tired of the slices flopping over from being soaked by sauce.

The way I look at it, we got a deal from Pizza Hut by getting the pizza for just $10. But, once that deal goes away, I just can’t see myself ordering pizza from them again. I can’t trust them to deliver the pizza when I tell them to and I certainly was not impressed with the size or the quality of what they delivered.

Pizza Hut

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71801958000931/k2311a0118/1.18.10