Meadowfresh Lemon and Coriander Houmous  » Food  »
  • I frequently buy the original houmous (or hummus) in the Meadowfresh range but I thought I would try this lemon and coriander version
  • I love houmous generally as not only is it pretty tasty but as a vegetarian I appreciate the high protein content of the chickpeas it is made with
  • Meadowfresh houmous is sold in Lidl and the original and lemon & coriander version cost only 99 pence for a big, 300g tub
  • I was right that this worked very well in a tortilla wrap with avocado and mozzarella and it complimented it perfectly as a delicious dressing

• by jeanne71

I frequently buy the original houmous (or hummus) in the Meadowfresh range but I thought I would try this lemon and coriander version. I wanted to experiment by using avocado in a tortilla wrap so I thought a houmous with lemon in would be ideal as I would normally add lemon to avocado as a dressing anyway, so I knew they would go together.

I love houmous generally as not only is it pretty tasty but as a vegetarian I appreciate the high protein content of the chickpeas it is made with.

Meadowfresh houmous is sold in Lidl and the original and lemon & coriander version cost only 99 pence for a big, 300g tub.

This lemon & coriander one is just as fresh and ...

• lovely as the original.

The coriander in this gives it a lovely flavour and I can taste the lemon which is not overpowering but gives the flavour a bit of zing as an aftertaste.

I have been using this as a dip with carrot sticks which makes a very healthy snack with lots of vitamins and I have been dipping warmed pitta bread into it.

I was right that this worked very well in a tortilla wrap with avocado and mozzarella and it complimented it perfectly as a delicious dressing.

This Meadowfresh brand is as fresh and tasty and at a very economical price.

This is a lovely product and I am sure there are many ways of using it other than what I have thought of so far.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271801957720831/k2311a0118/1.18.10