Toshiba Satellite L500-ST5505 laptop  » Laptops  »
  • It cost 550 dollars, and it has been worth every cent
  • For the money it's everything and more than I thought that I would get
  • I would recommend buying a better microphone to plug in for anyone who is more serious about recording music
  • But now I love using Windows 7 and the features that make simple computer tasks even easier
  • It's probably not the best laptop for someone who is a gamer because the graphic card is fairly basic

• by Joe Ro

This is my second laptop computer. My first computer was a Dell laptop and it lasted me three years until it died. So far this Toshiba laptop has been very reliable. I bought it at Best Buy. It cost 550 dollars, and it has been worth every cent. It’s relatively cheap compared to most laptops. For the money it’s everything and more than I thought that I would get. There are many features that make this computer useful to me. It comes with a built in web camera and a microphone which is good for a casual musician who needs to record a quick lick or idea. The microphone quality is pretty poor though. I would recommend buying a better microphone to plug in for anyone who

is more serious about recording music. I don’t have much use for the web camera but I could see how it would be beneficial for keeping in contact with family members and friends far away.

I really like the design of the computer. It is extremely eye catching. I had the option of customizing and picking the color of the laptop which I thought was very cool. I chose a silver/grayish color for mine. It also comes in black. This laptop runs great and it doesn’t lag. It’s not slow or choppy. I also like that there is a number keypad on this laptop. It makes it easy when using and creating spreadsheets for school assignments. This computer comes with Windows 7, which was a little tough to ...

• get used to. But now I love using Windows 7 and the features that make simple computer tasks even easier.

The screen is large and is about 15.6 inches. This computer is great for watching my favorite television shows and DVD’s. The graphics aren’t anything special, but they get the job done for anyone who likes to watch movies on their laptop. It’s probably not the best laptop for someone who is a gamer because the graphic card is fairly basic. This laptop came with 250 GB of memory. This amount of memory is more than enough to hold all of my music files. I also like that this computer is lightweight. My old computer was heavy. This Toshiba laptop is a somewhat large and bulky looking, but surprisingly,

it doesn’t weigh that much. My old computer also use to get very hot when I had it on my lap. This computer stays relatively cool and does not overheat.

I would recommend this computer for any college student or basic computer user. If you’re into gaming or recording music this computer probably isn’t for you. This laptop is great for my needs which are surfing the internet, researching, writing papers, and listening to music. It is durable and light enough to stick in my book bag and take to class which is an added benefit. It runs well, and is extremely reliable. This computer is a great buy for the price. It runs just as well as my old computer, and it cost about a third of the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631801957650831/k2311a0118/1.18.10