Urban Decay Supernova mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love the products for their package design and quality
  • Urban Decay’s Supernova mascara cost $22 for a regular size tube, and I don’t think it’s really worth spending that much money on

• by liberty

Urban Decay is still a fairly new cosmetic line. I first discovered it a few years ago when I was watching makeup tutorials on Youtube, since then I’ve been a fan of this cosmetic line. I love the products for their package design and quality. Not long ago I got a Sephora deluxe mascara sampler gift box that came with ten mascaras. The mascaras are from different brands and mini size. One of the mascaras that came in my gift box was Urban Decay’s Supernova mascara. I’ve been using this mascara for several months now and the following are

my pros and cons to this product.

I’ll start off with the pros to Urban Decay’s Supernova mascara first. What I liked about this Urban Decay mascara was that it didn’t smudge, smeared or flaked on me, those are all important things that I look for in a mascara. Flaking is very important to me because I wear contact lenses and can’t risk using a flaky mascara that will irritate my eyes. Not only could it possibly ruin my contact lenses, but it could scratch up my iris, not to mention the mess from watery eyes. I liked that Urban ...

• Decay’s Supernova mascara was buildable. I could apply several coats for a dark, fuller looking lashes. It also did a good job of separating my lashes. This mascara is pretty easy to find too since it’s sold in Sephora, ULTA and most places that sell Urban Decay products. Best of all, Urban Decay is a cruelty-free cosmetic brand.

Now for the cons to this Urban Decay mascara. It didn’t do anything for me in terms of lengthening my lashes and the volumizing wasn’t much either. I could keep brushing on the mascaras but there’s a stopping point at how

full it gets before the mascara starts to clump, and that’s not very full. I didn’t like the plastic bristle brush either. I just felt like it wasn’t getting enough product on my lashes. Urban Decay’s Supernova mascara cost $22 for a regular size tube, and I don’t think it’s really worth spending that much money on.

Overall, Urban Decay’s Supernova mascara was a good every day mascara but does nothing for me when I want dramatic lashes. I don’t plan on purchasing the full size version of this mascara, it’s just not worth spending that much money on.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311801957560831/k2311a0118/1.18.10