Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15
  • I like that it went on clear even though the primer itself is a white color
  • I thought that Hourglass’s Veil Mineral primer did an excellent job at keeping my eye shadows in place
  • The one thing I had a problem with was trying to find it in stores
  • The other thing was that a bottle of this primer cost $52
  • I’d definitely be willing to pay $52 for it

• by liberty

For Christmas my boyfriend got me some nice gifts, a cosmetic set and he got a free things free from Sephora in the process. Among the free sample items was HourglassVeil Mineral Primer. I had been looking for a good face and eye primer for months so I was very eager to try this out, especially considering the brand. I’ve been using this primer for a few months now and the following are my pros and cons for HourglassVeil Mineral Primer with SPF 15.

I’ll start off with the pros to this face and

eye primer first. What I liked about Hourglass’s Veil Mineral primer was it could be used on the eye lids and face. It also has an SPF 15, which is great because sun protection is very important to me. I like that it went on clear even though the primer itself is a white color. It went on very light and had a silky finish to it. It didn’t clog more pores, wasn’t oily and in fact I didn’t feel it at all. A little bit of it goes a long way, so there’s no ...

• need to use too much of it. I thought that Hourglass’s Veil Mineral primer did an excellent job at keeping my eye shadows in place. There was little to no fading, it lasted all day with my good eye shadows and hours more with my cheapest quality eye shadows. The same with fading and creasing. I used it with the worst eye shadows I owned and it really helped with the staying power.

There were a few downsides to Hourglass’s Veil Mineral Primer too. The one thing I had a problem with was trying to

find it in stores. I was able to find it at Sephora stores, most anyway. The other thing was that a bottle of this primer cost $52. That’s a pretty hefty price but considering the size, quality and how little product I have to use I think it works itself out to be pretty affordable.

Despite the cons I really loved Hourglass Veil Mineral primer because it did everything I wanted, plus it came with an SPF. It’s also of great quality and well worth the money. I’d definitely be willing to pay $52 for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311801957530831/k2311a0118/1.18.10