Betty Crocker Hersey’s Triple Chunk Brownie Mix  » Food  »
  • It was actually my mom who introduced me to the Hersey's triple chunk brownie mix because she knows how much I like to bake (and eat) brownies
  • I think I stirred for at least five to even minutes because I wanted to make sure my eggs were incorporated thoroughly
  • Originally, I thought the chunks of chocolate were going to melt inside the brownie
  • Hersey's triple chunk brownie mix by Betty Crocker is the best investment I've made in brownie mixes

• by C.Channing

There is one thing that I can think of–off the top of my head–that I’m guilty of: Not learning to make brownies from scratch. Luckily for me, there’s Betty Crocker in the wing ready to help me out and impress my mom who know I can’t cook–I’m working on it. It was actually my mom who introduced me to the Hersey’s triple chunk brownie mix because she knows how much I like to bake (and eat) brownies.

When I started to prepare my mix, I wasn’t surprise how much there was because brownie mixes are always abundant. I added my eggs, water, and oil and began to stir with my spatula. I think I stirred

for at least five to even minutes because I wanted to make sure my eggs were incorporated thoroughly; besides, I like to lick the bowl afterwards and the last thing I need is to be rushed to the hospital because I’m ill from E coli. There were nice chunk size Hersey’s chocolate (about the size of someone’s thumb nail) in the mix, and were surprising not overly sweet. It was a combination of sweet and unsweet flavor: a nice flavor combination.

I pulled out my brownie pan and sprayed it down with butter. I poured all my mix in my pan and left it to cook for about forty-five minutes. They filled the entire house ...

• with that familiar brownie aroma, and they had a little rise to them when I pulled them out of the oven. I cut them up into nine squares, and had one with a cup of milk. With my first bite, all I tasted was fluffy, softness and bits of chocolate chunks. Originally, I thought the chunks of chocolate were going to melt inside the brownie; but they didn’t, they had retained their same form when I first them when I was mixing throughout the baking process.

The thing I like most is the amount of days they lasted: almost two weeks. I’ve used other brands of brownie mixes and they never had the lasting power

like Betty Crocker. They didn’t get hard or dried out; when I ate that final brownie which was close to two weeks, it was still soft and fresh as like the first day I baked them.

Hersey’s triple chunk brownie mix by Betty Crocker is the best investment I’ve made in brownie mixes. There is a nice balance of flavor of mix and chocolate chunks: neither one overpowers the other. They last longer than any other brand of brownie mix, and the chocolate chunks doesn’t melt making it one hundred times sweeter. This is my go to brand when I want to bake brownies. All in all, not a bad purchase if I do say so myself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271801957390831/k2311a0118/1.18.10