Action Comics 878  » Books  »
  • This issue kind of came off as filler to me
  • I like he he flat out said he wanted to use it for propaganda
  • I know they speak another language, but can't you just italicize it to indicate that they're speaking Kryptonian and that this is a translation

• by David Finniss

My comic reading has been beyond sporadic lately and I’m still trying to play catch up.

This issue kind of came off as filler to me. Not a whole lot happens. Thara recovers at Lois’ after her assault. She really looks like Supergirl and it doesn’t help that she was wearing one of Kara’s t-shirts. She calls out for Chris before Lois wakes her up.

The army discovers that there are Kryptonian sleepers lurking and they find out that one of them

is Chris, albeit an older one.

Meanwhile a Kryptonian couple busts into a house and kills some people (including cops) as a way to get some privacy. General Lane sees this and orders that the footage be put on the news. I like he he flat out said he wanted to use it for propaganda. Who does that? If he had just said to air it so that people were aware of the threat, that would make sense, but he comes ...

• out and asys it.

There’s a lot of Kryptonian dialogue in this one. It kind of got annoying. They did a bad job picking the colors for the translation text as it’s hard to see, let alone read. I know they speak another language, but can’t you just italicize it to indicate that they’re speaking Kryptonian and that this is a translation. I don’t see the point of filling word bubbles in with symbols only to put the translation at the

bottom, just put the translation in the bubble.

Chris and Thara confront the two and engage in fisticuffs. It’s an even battle before some dude with a band of orcs shows up. Yeah, I don’t know either, it was pretty bizarre. I’m not sure who the guy was and I have no clue why he has orcs with him. Suffice it to say, it came off like a big lipped alligator cliffhanger.

The issue was meh, not terrible, but not all that exciting either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171801957310831/k2311a0118/1.18.10