Clinique Pore Minimizer Thermal Active Skin Refiner
1.0
  • I totally regret taking the advice of the beautification magazine

• by alexsa

A lot of people have tiny pores, but even more have large ones. I am among the latter. I inherited my large pores from my parents and because of this, I usually get oily skin, blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and other blemishes on my face. This always made me conscious about my appearance. Enlarge pores is definitely unattractive. When you apply your liquid foundation, the pores tend to surface even if you have coated your skin with makeup. Is that how coarse they are? They primarily make your skin feel rough and dry, not to mention you look mature with enlarged pores. To help me, I purchased a pore minimizer day cream that I read about in one of those beautification magazines for women.

The pore minimizer day cream was not what I expected it to be. It was terrible and anything but effective. For starters, it was too hot on my skin. It felt like acid was being

pored on my face and burning my skin. It was the worst and I could swear that if I continued to use it, I’d look like a burnt piece of meat by now. I was skeptical while I was applying it on my face because of the hotness I experienced. Right after applying it, the following day I experienced redness in my face. It was really like using an anti-pimple cream which has high concentration of hydroquinone. It was really awful.

Like I said, the pore minimizer day cream was anything but effective. It did not minimize the pores on my face, but it seemed to do the contrary instead. My pores seemed to me to be bigger than they really were, and this made me even more uncomfortable with myself. There was no effect at all with regard to its claim that it can minimize pores therein. I have used it for almost two months and ...

• the progress did not deliver result such as fine texture in my face. It should have been at least a minimal effect was seen but it was never materialized. I did not see any effect at all.

But I have to say that the pore minimizer day cream had one good quality: its smell. Yes, it was good because it had no smell at all. It wasn’t like most day creams that were very fragrant, but that was okay because it wasn’t stinky either. It is good because even if the cream was medicated, it did not gave off unpleasant smell. This has great quality smell. Indeed Clinique products are fragrance-free. They keep on advertising it in their website and it is really true.

However, the pore minimizer day cream’s nonexistent smell was not enough to compensate for its monstrosities. Because not only did it sting and burn and was completely ineffective, it caused my skin to

exfoliate. My skin peeled like baked potatoes and this made the burning and stinging sensations even worse. This was the most awful part. What could be worse with a newly exfoliated skin? Not even a good moisturizer can conceal this flaw. I have to take a leave of absence for two days and I have to wash my face with lukewarm water just to hasten exfoliation. I have to peel if off completely and used exfoliating scrubs too.

I totally regret taking the advice of the beautification magazine. I wish I did not buy the pore minimizer day cream; it was not only a waste of my precious money, it also worsened my problems. Now I do not only have large pores that causes unwanted blemishes on my face, I also have exfoliating skin that brings tears to my eyes as it peels. Now it made loose hope that any ordinary cosmetics can give you the remedy for enlarged pores.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311801957170731/k2311a0118/1.18.10