Aroma Sun by Lancome  » Perfume  »
2.5
  • I bought this after purchasing some mascara at Lancome cosmetics
  • I like sunny-inspired scent because it makes me feel energized
  • It has this friendly scent for me which almost captures the best of a fruity fragrance

• by mimi tricks

I was suppose to be loving this scent. It has a very amiable side to it. The ad was perfect, the color of the bottle, the name and even the idea behind it. This is a summer scent obviously. With its classification and print ad, you can tell what season it belongs. However, I loathe the inclusion of coconut as one of the notes. I bought this after purchasing some mascara at Lancome cosmetics.

Then the color drew me to move closer and then asked for it. It has a lotion with it too. The color was yellow, sunny yellow with a lightly colored bottle. It was really energizing to see it thats why I go for it. I like sunny-inspired scent because it makes me feel energized. Most importantly, there is a certain vibe for those stuff.

It gives me clear imagination

of the summer season, just like getting ready for something and you need to have a clear picture of it. While trying this, I was eagerly preparing for my summer vacation.

The scent starts sweet but ended too milky and sugary. There were good notes to begin like peach, a mellow down fragrance which has a great fruity quality. It has this friendly scent for me which almost captures the best of a fruity fragrance. Then grapefruit and massive citrus aroma of tangerine.

The latter is sweet citrus while grapefruit smells sometimes to be so acidic in the category of citrus fragrances. Nonetheless both notes offers refreshing tones to the smell. The mixture reveals the sunny side of the scent. It was full of energy and happiness. Then it became milky and sweet as it dries up. The notes noticeable during dry down ...

• were vanilla and coconut.

It was like mixing poison and sleeping pills to be a sure way to kill. Here, both notes made the scent very powdery and sweet. Coconut here smells like an infant milk or an infant cereal. It was all right, pleasant to your nose but as a scent, I abhor it. I felt like I was soaked in infant milk or a baby droll over my clothes. Genuinely a terrible scent! I find it too cheesy.

Coconut is not a pleasant smell when used as an ingredient in a perfume. I have encountered several of those already and I still can’t take it. That is why I can easily associate it with pastries because it is commonly used in the kitchen rather than in scent. The addition of both vanilla and coconut in the entire concoction was vacuous. It

would have been lighter if either one was not present. The incorporation especially of coconut was unnecessary.

I don’t find this suitable for summer either after I felt that it was just too oily for me. My skin often is too sensitive to oily notes like coconut. I just don’t like the dry down of this perfume. Just too greasy feeling, I mean this imaginatively. I feel so heavy wearing it especially during the peak of summer. It also exudes strong aroma which feels sometimes gourmand.

The scent is so flat with any energizing boost, floral smell which is suppose to be the case. I cannot notice any smell of floral notes. Was it solely depending on vanilla as its floral taste? Then this is very misleading. I find the scent too oriental and fruity when it started. I do not appreciate the incoherent end.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561701956631031/k2311a0117/1.17.10