Armani Prive Cologne Spray Bois d’Ences  » Perfume  »
2.5
  • Having been so obsessed with Thierry Mugler's Alien Liqueur de Parfum which was oriental woody, I decided to try another Armani Prive Cologne which is Bois d'Ences
  • Quite amazing to notice but this was too laid back

• by mimi tricks

Having been so obsessed with Thierry Mugler’s Alien Liqueur de Parfum which was oriental woody, I decided to try another Armani Prive Cologne which is Bois d’Ences. I was so intrigued about Armani Prive scents also thus it was a swift decision to try this. The smell was very powerful for me. Great perhaps for a male scent, unluckily this is a unisex perfume. I am one of those who have made fashion as part of my lifestyle. I really don’t go out without wearing a cologne or a perfume.

Perhaps I would call myself a perfume junkie. Bottles of empty perfumes piles up in my lower closet. It looks like an old chemistry lab and all the chemicals have just evaporated. I always

have the joy of looking at it. Since perfumes comes in various packages, I delightfully look at each style and think about its scent.

This one from Armani Prive was authentic. As often used, they have some personal style on how they bottle they perfume. Quite amazing to notice but this was too laid back. But the simplicity brought a great deal to me. It might be safe but I find it beautiful.

All black with a stone-like flacon. Mysterious in the outside but you know what to expect in the inside.

The scent smells like dark flower pounded in stones and left dry for months. You can smell the aroma of it but light and old. That is how I describe the smell when ...

• the scent started.

I find pieces of old-fashion smell from the beginning. It was like smelling an old leather wallet from the closet. But there were hints of slight floral smell, perhaps because of labdanum. I find it smelling like lavender. Its a little confusing because labdanum can sometimes feel like lavender.

But checking the notes of this perfume, I was sure it was labdanum. The smell is very strong from start to end. Especially during the middle part when incense or some spicy nuances came out. It was really strong like an old Japanese curry sauce. It was like the smell do not belong to the perfume.

The closest positive criticism I can give to this scent is its being a good smell

for men. But its really a mistake to make this a unisex scent. It was just too strong for a woman to wear this. It surpasses even a male characteristics thus this truly make the smell genuinely male. I find the smell so tight also.

It was like when you wearing this you can constantly restrained. Certainly the darkest I have tried as an oriental woody smell. The smell during dry down sometimes is too corrosive of any enjoyment. I do not submit to the smell’s beauty because it was heavy and dark. All I can say is that this was a mistake to have this classified as unisex.

Perhaps for a male this can pass, but even too much as well. For me it is nasally draining.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561701956621031/k2311a0117/1.17.10