Almay Truly Lasting Color Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
  • Sometimes it seems like just when I think I've found a perfect fit, my skin changes or the product becomes dicontinued
  • The review of the product was so good that I decided to try it for myslef
  • I found it at Walgreen's, and I chose the color tan because it looked like it would match my skintone
  • Another thing I like is that the foundation has SPF 15 already in it, so I don't usually wear sunscreen underneath

• by mariekay

I have tried many foundations over the years. As I age, my skin needs change. When I was younger I could wear any old foundation and the results would be the same, but now that I’m older I need to find just the right type or it’s a disaster. Sometimes it seems like just when I think I’ve found a perfect fit, my skin changes or the product becomes dicontinued.

I am always looking for a foundation that covers nicely, won’t look cakey, applies easily, and especially one that lasts all day so I’m not constantly having to touch up or

reapply.

Most of the foundations I have tried make my face look greasy by lunchtime. Sometimes I need to wash my face a start over. Or, I’ve tried other foundations that claim to be long-lasting, but they dry out my face so badly that I end up looking worse. PLus they are usually so thick and cakey that it looks like I’ve put peanut butter on my face. Also, they usually don’t live up to the claim of being “long-lasting” either.

I recently read a review about Almay TLC Truly Lasting Color foundation. The review of the product was so good that I decided to try it for myslef. I found it at Walgreen’s, and I chose the color “tan” because it looked like it would match my skintone.

I liked how the container was a pump rather than something I had to stick my fingers into. A pump is more sanitary and keeps bacteria and germs from getting in. I also liked the fact that one pump of the product was the perfect amount for my entire face, so there was no guess work.

The first day that I wore the foundation I couldn’t believe how much I loved it!

• Almay Truly Lasting Color Foundation
      The color was perfect for me, and even at 5:00 PM after I got home, the foundation looked freshly applied. I had never seen these results with any other foundation.

I was worried that this foundation might lose it’s effectiveness after I had used it for a while, but I went through the entire bottle over time with no problems. The last drop of foundation was just like the first.

This is now the only foundation I ever wear. I have finally found something that does what it claims. It keeps my face covered, but it’s not too heavy, and it

really does last all day. I don’t even need to apply powder during the day or blot at all.

Another thing I like is that the foundation has SPF 15 already in it, so I don’t usually wear sunscreen underneath. Even in the summer months, just having the foundation on my face seems to be enough to keep me from getting sun burned.

You can expect to pay about $15 for Almay TLC Truly Lasting Color foundation, which is a bit pricey for a drugstore brand. But to me it’s worth every penny to finally find a foundation that lasts all day or all night!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311701956541031/k2311a0117/1.17.10