Excedrin PM  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • The problem was that the Excedrin had a good amount of caffeine in it, which made me jittery
  • So, I thought I would try Excedrine PM to see if I could achieve the relief without the caffeine buzz
  • I noticed on the label that Excedrine PM didn't have caffeine, and also had a sleep aid (Diphenhydramine citrate)
  • I would recommend opting for a store brand Acetaminophen instead
  • In my opinion, there is nothing special about Excedrine PM except the name brand

• by mariekay

I had been taking Excedrin for headaches for a while, and was having good results. The problem was that the Excedrin had a good amount of caffeine in it, which made me jittery. So, I thought I would try Excedrine PM to see if I could achieve the

relief without the caffeine buzz.

I noticed on the label that Excedrine PM didn’t have caffeine, and also had a sleep aid (Diphenhydramine citrate). So I decided to try it before bedtime.

About 30 minutes after taking the medication, I noticed that my headache wasn’t as severe, but I certainly didn’t ...

• feel tired. If anything, I was slightly drowsy, but still had trouble falling asleep….and it didn’t help me to sleep through the night.

I didn’t have any of the jittery feelings that I experienced with the regular Excedrine, but the relief seemed diminished too. Excedrin PM has Acetaminophen 500

mg, so basically it’s the same as taking a Tylenol PM.

For me the product was not worth the price. I would recommend opting for a store brand Acetaminophen instead. In my opinion, there is nothing special about Excedrine PM except the name brand. The product was just okay.

Excedrin PM

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261701956521031/k2311a0117/1.17.10