Acer Aspire 1652 LMi’s Bios  » Laptops  »
2.5
  • I recently bought my new Acer Aspire 1652 LMi.As I love to keep a backup copy af all of my work I used the Software that comes along with it to make some backup DVDs
  • The problem however came recently when I flashed the bios with the one that I had downloaded from the Acer site

• by Sam
      I recently bought my new Acer Aspire 1652 LMi. As I love to keep a backup copy af all of my work I used the Software that comes along with it to make some backup DVDs.

I made two just in case something goes

wrong.

Because I’m always having my laptop crashing I used the DVDs to back up restore it to factory settings.

The problem however came recently when I flashed the bios with the one that I had downloaded from the Acer site.

Not only ...

• was I not able to recover my laptop from the DVDs but had to buy the Windows software.

So everytime my laptop crashes again,I have to wait the long windows instalation and install all the drivers manually from the chipset itself (as if

it were no intel) to the sound card.

Oh, not to forget the Power management software.

Without it the machine will not run any faster than 795Mhz.

My advice! Do not buy Acer notebooks.

If you do, then do not mess aroud with it.

Buy wise!

Ovidiu says :

after flashing my bios whit a wrong version my computer s display is dead. how can i install the right version of my bios ??thanks

Jules Li says :

This model has a feature called bios recovery, which can be used to recover the previous bios. It should work if there isn’t significant damage to the bios chip. To run it, you have to press the fn and the esc key.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6321095651131/k2311a102/10.2.06