Nivea Brilliant Blonde shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • I never used to use them because I thought they weren’t any good
  • Till today I’ve tried a bunch of different Nivea shampoos and although I can’t actually say that I was satisfied with all of them, because I know that a few of them were making my hair greasy and dirty soon, for example the diamond gloss one, many of Nivea shampoos are really good
  • I really think that it is worth buying stuff on discount so I always buy at least 2 or 3 shampoos when I see that they cost less
  • So this time I bought 3 shampoos for 1.50 Euro while if I was buying them when they weren’t on discount I’d pay 2.40 Euro for them
  • The only thing I noticed about this shampoo that can have a negative connotation is that as it is yellow it leaves pale yellow marks on the tub, so make sure you rinse the tub after you wash the hair

• by lorelai

I discovered Nivea shampoos just about a year ago; I never used to use them because I thought they weren’t any good. I don’t know why, actually I guess, I thought Nivea was famous for their creams so their shampoos couldn’t be good. But I was wrong, I was very wrong. Till today I’ve tried a bunch of different Nivea shampoos and although I can’t actually say that I was satisfied with all of them, because I know that a few of them were making my hair greasy and dirty soon, for example the diamond gloss one, many of Nivea shampoos are really good. One of those good ones is this Nivea Brilliant Blonde shampoo I will now tell you about.

All Nivea shampoos come in the same bottle which is of a pale blue colour and it has a label and a cap in the same colour which is different from the blue one of the bottle. Although the regular price of these shampoos is about 2.40E I never buy them for more than 1, 50 Euro which is a great discount. I really think that it is worth buying stuff on discount so I always buy at least 2 or 3 shampoos when I see that they cost less. So this time I bought 3 shampoos for 1.50 Euro while if I was buying them when they weren’t on discount I’d pay 2.40 Euro for them. So although I cashed out 4.50 Euro at once instead of just 2.40E, in long term I got 3

shampoos for the price of two, I mean I saved 2.70 Euro all together.

About a month ago I dyed my hair blonde. I used to be blond my whole life and then about a three years ago I decided to become a brunette. After all that time, now I wanted to be blonde again so I change my hair colour but it wasn’t easy.

The first thing I did as a new – old blond I went to by myself a shampoo for blonde hair. The fact is that blonde hair needs much more care than brown one because blonde hair doesn’t reflect the light as much as darker colours as it is very light itself. I was very unpleasantly surprised when I realised that most of the shampoos for a particular hair colour cost more than the regular ones. For example, Pantene Pro – V shampoo for blonde hair costs 4E while the regular one costs about 3 Euro. Nivea was on action and the price for blonde hair shampoo was the same as for coloured hair or diamond gloss or even their newest invention volume sensation. So, of course, I took Nivea Brillant Blonde shampoo and I really didn’t regret that decision.

I don’t know why I was convinced all Nivea shampoo had the same fragrance but that isn’t the truth. I have 3 different Nivea shampoos at home now and each of them has a different fragrance. This shampoo has rather synthetic, artificial fragrance with some scent of lily flower; at least it seems ...

• to me that it does. At the back of the bottle it says only Perfume so I can’t really confirm if my guess is good. As the fragrance is not very intensive it doesn’t leave any smell on your hair, but not even the bathroom smells like it while you are washing your hair.

This shampoo is rather dense, it is pearly and yellow. I know that the colour is artificial and it doesn’t come from natural extracts of any herbs or fruits but still it kind a made my day when I saw that this shampoo ones just another colourless one. I don’t know if colour of the shampoo has anything to do with the brilliance of my hair but I must say that my blond hair looked great. The hair was soft and hydrated. I had to dye my hair 3 times in less than 2 months to become blond from a brunette so I wasn’t really expecting the blonde to be intensive nor nourished but it was. It looked great and I know that this shampoo had something to do with it. On the bottle it says that this shampoo hydrates your hair making it soft. It also makes it reflect the light better so the hair looks healthier. It doesn’t really give any volume to the hair, but I used curls to get that effect. I don’t consider this a flaw because I bought this shampoo because it promised the brilliance and not the volume, but I guess if it added some volume

to my hair it wouldn’t be bad.

I think that this shampoo is great, especially for the price I paid for it. Now I regret not buying 3 of the same kind but all 3 different ones because I have left with enough of this shampoo to wash my hair just one more time. Luckily, Nivea is often on discount so I guess I will buy new stashes soon.

I would recommend Nivea Brilliant Blonde shampoo to every blond who wants her hair to look healthy and nice. This shampoo is really great and it is also very gentle to your hair, it is easy to use because although it is a bit dense it makes nice foam, just pay extra attention when you are rinsing it. I am really satisfied because it doesn’t make my hair greasy sooner than usual which is 3-4 days. I hate it when I buy a product that makes my hair greasy because then I have to wash it every 2 to 3 days and I must admit that I am too lazy for that.

This shampoo really is perfect for blond hair. I must admit that Nivea really amazed me with its collection of shampoos. The only thing I noticed about this shampoo that can have a negative connotation is that as it is yellow it leaves pale yellow marks on the tub, so make sure you rinse the tub after you wash the hair. In every other aspect I am very satisfied with this shampoo and I know I will be using it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311701956130931/k2311a0117/1.17.10