ATT Phone Company  » General services  »
0.5
  • Well, maybe that was true, no need to treat customers so poorly when you can obviously see from a bill why they would have a problem with it
  • I paid the bill and went on a massive hunt for a new phone company

• by LadyLeas
      When I first moved into the little town that I live in it took me a while to find out who was the phone carrier. I got referred to three different companies before I ended up with ATT as the residential carrier here. I thought, ok big company, can not be that bad. Was I fooled or what?

I signed up with ATT in January. I chose the plan that was unlimited calling in the United States.

They quoted me a price of $49 a month . This was a great deal, or so I thought. February the bill came. My jaw hit the floor staring at a bill for $118.

Surcharges and taxes that would break the bank. I, of course, called the billing department. Only to speak with the worlds

most incompetent people. I was transferred from agent to agent until I was landed with the rudest female agent.

I am not sure who taught these people customer service, but they need to add “be polite” to their policy or how about “the customer is why we are employed?”. Now I did not get rude back or nasty, I would be afraid my mother would hear me from 35 miles away and come wash my mouth out. Anyway, basically what she said was this is my state that causes these charges and if I wanted to argue with anyone over it to contact my state tax commissioner. Well, maybe that was true, no need to treat customers so poorly when you can obviously see from a bill why they would have a problem ...

• with it.

I paid the bill and went on a massive hunt for a new phone company. I went to vonage and ported my number over. I then, a month later, received another bill from AT&T. This time they were charging me disconnection charges and again surcharges and taxes.

For a whopping total of $120. This time I did not care if my mother came to smack me, I was hot! I called back the very rude customer service agents and decided to not give up until they gave me a complete answer on this. No where was I ever told of a disconnection charge. One agent told me it was because they had to come out and manually disconnect it.

I asked when they did this? Was it in the middle of

the night while I was asleep? To my knowledge the phone box is right outside the window of my home office. I would see if anyone went near it. She then disconnected the call. I refused to pay this bill for a month longer when I received another phone call.

This time from a credit agency. So I had to pay this bill to keep it off of my credit report. Since then, weekly, AT&T has the nerve to call my house trying to get me to switch back. What is that? I tell each one that calls me exactly how I feel about their company.

This is the worst company I have ever had to do business with. I would not suggest anyone take their service. If you do, look at your bill real good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2521095611131/k2311a102/10.2.06