Tesco Antiseptic Lozenges (Cherry Flavour)  » Medicine  »
  • I have an irritating dry cough and I found these effective in stopping me coughing and the effect lasts about two hours
  • My sore throat has definitely felt more soothed too
  • I did not expect a lozenge to be so good at stopping a cough but I am pleased with these and shall be taking them to work to avoid those embarrassing coughing fits
  • These are a good price and in my opinion they are effective too so I would recommend them

• by jeanne71

I cannot believe it but having just got over the most horrible flu like virus that worried me into looking up the symptoms of swine flu on the internet, I now have a cold. As a result of that virus, as it was quite severe on my chest, I had a cough that lasted ages and I only had a few weeks reprieve before I caught this cold and now I have another cough and my throat

is red raw again.

Today I have been using Tesco’s own brand of Antiseptic Lozenges in Cherry Flavour which, according to the packet, contain Amylmetacresol BP as an active ingredient for ‘effective relief of sore throats and coughs’.

This packet of 24 lozenges was one of the least expensive brands at only about 80 pence, but they have been pretty effective.

We are warned not to take more than 12 lozenges in 24 hours.

These red ...

• lozenges come in a bubble pack and each one is about 1.

5 centimetres in diameter.

The taste reminds me of cherry aid but with quite a strength to it that made my eyes water a bit when I had the first one, but they are not unpleasant at all.

I have an irritating dry cough and I found these effective in stopping me coughing and the effect lasts about two hours.

After about two hours

of sucking one, I start coughing again so I take another and it really does seem to help.

My sore throat has definitely felt more soothed too.

I did not expect a lozenge to be so good at stopping a cough but I am pleased with these and shall be taking them to work to avoid those embarrassing coughing fits.

These are a good price and in my opinion they are effective too so I would recommend them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261701955940931/k2311a0117/1.17.10