Tesco Traditionally Smoked Austrian Processed Cheese  » Food  »
  • This smoked cheese from Tesco is one of my favourite cheeses
  • I think this smoked cheese works particularly well with crusty French bread

• by jeanne71

This smoked cheese from Tesco is one of my favourite cheeses. Unlike cheddar, this has such depth of flavour that I do not usually bother having any other ingredients in my sandwiches as just to have this cheese on its own is tasty enough and not too dry.

You can find this in the refrigerated cheese section at Tesco and it is sausage shaped and in an

orange wrapping that you peel off as you use it.

I only paid about 80 pence for 125g of this sausage-shaped cheese today which is good value.

This is a pale cream coloured, firm cheese with a smooth and shiny appearance.

To put in sandwiches or rolls, I just cut off slices a few milimetres thick to cover one half of the bread.

It has a beautifully ...

• smoked taste, a deep flavour that is mouth watering.

I think this smoked cheese works particularly well with crusty French bread.

This cheese does not have a discernible scent like other strong cheeses, not as far as I can tell anyway.

Out of this one 125g packet I will make probably about 7 sandwiches which makes it pretty good value.

I have never tried using

this cheese in cooking and I have no idea what it does if you try to melt it but as a sandwich filler, it is very tasty indeed, especially if you like your strong cheeses like I do.

This tastes as good as a more expensive version of this smoked cheese that I used to get from Marks & Spencer so do not let the cheap price put you off.

rismeer says :

is it vagitarian? its doesnt maked on the pack. bcz im vegitarian. ple let me know as soon as possible

Alex replies :

Hi I cannot remember if it mentioned whether it was vegetarian or not on the packet. You could have a look next time you are in Tesco. Regards.

Michelle says :

All cheese is vegetarian isn’t it? I used to use this in sandwiches too but because of the shape it comes in it makes for a quite thin sandwich filling in slices, so I used to use Philadelphia or something with it just to fill out the middle. Really good.

David Leck says :

No not all cheese is vegetarian , non vegetarian cheese has stomach bile added to curdle the milk, I am also vegetarian would like to know whether this cheese is or isn’t.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271701955880931/k2311a0117/1.17.10