Mini Maglite 2-Cell AA Krypton Replacement Lamps  » Electronics  »
  • The simple design of the bulbs make changing them a breeze and I like that
  • I changed the bulb to a new one, being careful not to bend the little wires, and that fixed the odd problem
  • I bought my replacement bulbs at Ace but many hardware stores should carry these

• by bookwyrm

These are the replacement bulbs for my Mini Maglite flashlight. I admit at first I was very nervous about changing the bulbs on a flashlight, as I had never done that before. But it turns out that I had nothing to worry about and these little bulbs are easy to change. I just simply unscrew the top of my flashlight and pull the old bulb straight out. Then I open the package of new bulbs and carefully remove a new bulb. Its

best to not touch the bulb with your fingers as your skin has oil on it. I use a tissue or sometimes a piece of fabric, although using tissue is much easier. The end of the bulb has two straight little wires and they simply go into the two tiny holes on the Maglite. Just stick them in there and it is done! I was very pleased how extremely easy it was: nothing complex at all. The simple design of the bulbs ...

• make changing them a breeze and I like that.

One thing to watch for is bending the wires. If those little wires get bent than the flashlight won’t work very well. The light will go on and off, seemingly by itself while you have it turned on. I once had a Maglite that kept doing this. The light would conk out without warning and would go back on if I shook it or slapped it lightly. I changed the bulb to a new

one, being careful not to bend the little wires, and that fixed the odd problem.

They come two bulbs to a pack and those two can last a very long time: roughly about a year or so. I think that is a great value. It’s also great that Maglite makes replacement bulbs. That way I can keep using the same flashlight without buying a new one should the bulb burn out.

I bought my replacement bulbs at Ace but many hardware stores should carry these.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161701955730931/k2311a0117/1.17.10