Mini Maglite Flashlight  » Electronics  »
0.5
  • When I first bought my Mini Maglite I thought it was a great flashlight
  • I bought a brand new package of AA's in late November and they are already all gone (mid January)
  • I don't think it's the brand of battery as I have tried different brands with the same result

• by bookwyrm

When I first bought my Mini Maglite I thought it was a great flashlight. It was made of real metal and it looked very sturdy. Coming from cheap plastic flashlights that seemed to break way too easily (dropping them only once), I thought this was a great improvement. But now that I have owned my Mini Maglite for a few years, I’m slowly changing my opinion of it.

For one, this flashlight is a huge battery hog. My Mini Maglite seems to go through a huge package of

AA Alkaline batteries very quickly. Too quickly if you ask me! I bought a brand new package of AA’s in late November and they are already all gone (mid January). The package had sixteen batteries in it and they didn’t even last a full two months. The really sad part is that I only use the flashlight for very short periods each night, maybe for five minutes or so. I just don’t see why it drains batteries so quickly with such minor use. I mainly use it at night after I turn the light out so I won’t step on one of my cats, as they love walking in front of me.

The light in the flashlight doesn’t stay white and bright for very long, either. The first night I change the batteries the light is the brightest and after that it starts growing dim. By the end of the week it is usually a very dark yellowish light that barely lets you see anything. I don’t think it’s the brand of battery as I have ...

• Mini Maglite Flashlight
      tried different brands with the same result. Buying batteries is expensive and this super quick drain caused by this flashlight is simply ridiculous! I could understand if I had it on for long lengths of time, but I don’t.

I thought maybe it was the flashlight itself was damaged somehow so during the autumn I purchased a new Maglite but this one acts the exact same way. To further emphasize how this flashlight works, one day I had a repairman over and he needed to see something in

a dark corner. So I got my flashlight and he tried using it. He told me to put new batteries in it and I replied that they were new batteries, which was true. I had just put them in there the other day and already the light was super dim. That is just horrible!

The bulbs with this flashlight can only use alkaline batteries, not rechargeable batteries. That means you always need to buy new batteries for little profit and watch them burn up super fast. That is very sad.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161701955720931/k2311a0117/1.17.10