T.C. Tetracycline (pet medicine)  » Pets  »
  • In fact, more than once I saw them drinking right after making sick sounds, so I think they actually knew that the water made them feel better
  • But the amazing thing is the fish medicine did work
  • The medicine cost $13.49 at my pet store and the box contains ten packets of the yellow powder

• by bookwyrm

When I brought my two new baby rats home from the pet store, they both suffered a respitory ailment. Perhaps they caught it from the slightly chilly outside air, as rats don’t handle chills very well. Needless to say, I needed something to treat them with and the pet storeowner said they used T. C. Tetracycline to treat it. This medicine is made by API (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals) and is made to treat sick fish, but since it is an antibiotic it works great on rats as well.

I really loved that this medicine was so easy to use.

I simply opened a packet of the yellow powder and dumped it into a water bottle. Then I added water to it and carefully shook it up a bit. I hung the now pale yellow water on the cage and the two sick rats drank it. I changed the water and medicine every day for seven days. Of course, I kept the sick rats in a small cage by themselves away from my other two healthy rats. The rats drank the medicine water eagerly and didn’t seem to mind that there was stuff in the water. In ...

• fact, more than once I saw them drinking right after making sick sounds, so I think they actually knew that the water made them feel better.

I admit I was at first skeptical if fish medicine would work on rats. It sounded a bit strange, you know? But this stuff really works! Before the baby rats were making all sorts of odd sounds, like wheezing, sneezing and so fourth. I could also see little bubbles of fluid by their nostrils and they had little energy. But the amazing thing is the fish medicine did work! By the end

of the week and day eight they were totally cured!

Using this medicine that I can add right to their water bottle is such a relief from using an oral syringe or trying to force an animal to eat pills. I have had enough of that with my cats! This was totally stress free.

I also like the reasonable price. The medicine cost $13.49 at my pet store and the box contains ten packets of the yellow powder. I only needed seven of them. Compared to the prices of some medicines from the vet, this was very reasonable.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291701955710931/k2311a0117/1.17.10