Warlock movie  » Movies  »
  • Everything just came together perfectly I think
  • I know I'd want to get far away from that murderous warlock as I could

• by bookwyrm

I found this movie a lot of fun. It seems to me a mixture of genres: a little bit fantasy with the magic, a little bit action with all the running around and a little bit horror with the bad guy killing people. The movie is well made and beautifully filmed, too. Everything just came together perfectly I think. The movie moved forward in a logical order and it seemed believable. It moves at a good pace and I was totally hooked on the storyline.

I liked

the main actress in this movie and I think she did a superb job with her role. She reacted very realistically to the strange situation she found herself in: aging rapidly due to a spell cast on her by an evil warlock. Of course, she found it all hard to believe and that is realistic, too. The average person when confronted with real magic would have a very hard time believing it to be true. Her desire to simply flee once the spell was broken was ...

• believable, too. Who wouldn’t? I know I’d want to get far away from that murderous warlock as I could. Still she had a soft side and was willing to help the witch hunter finish his job, even if that meant risking her life again. I think that took a lot of guts.

The warlock in this movie was after the pages of some old spell book and he was a very cold man. Sometimes being cool and unemotional can be more frightening than a screaming, raving person

and this is one of those cases. I think the actor did a good job of playing him, too.

There are some neat special affects in here. The movie is a tad old so they maybe are not up to today’s modern standards but I think they look rather good. The warlock flies, we see the main character age, there is a whirlwind…

The ending is so cool I couldn’t help laughing. The Salt Flats was the absolute perfect place to hide that book, as warlocks cannot stand salt. How genius!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111701955700931/k2311a0117/1.17.10