Ace Pleated Air Filter  » Other  »
  • But really, the price is not bad at all on these and I think they are a great value

• by bookwyrm

These are the new filters that I have been buying for my furnace. They are made much stronger than the previous ones I have been using and they work much better at keeping the air clean of various types of pollutants like dust, dirt, etc. They have a white pleated center and a white cardboard frame. They also come wrapped in plastic when you buy them, to help keep them clean until they are needed. I find that very helpful, as I tend to

buy several of them during the autumn and then store them for use throughout the long Wisconsin heating season.

I like how these filters are made! They have a more solid, fabric-like material covering the entire air filter. OK, I’m not exactly sure what the material is, but it works very well at catching all types of dirt, even the fine stuff you probably can’t see with your eyes. Yes, it looks like dust to me but I’m sure there is other stuff in ...

• there as well, like bacteria or other microscopic things. They also have thin metal wires running along the backside of the air filter to help keep it strong while the furnace is running. This way the pleats stay in place nicely.

Before I started using these, I would get a nasty cough each time the heating season rolled around. But using these filters I don’t cough anymore. The pleated surface catches whatever it was that had been causing my cough and holds it in place

on the filter. That alone is worth buying these!

These filters are a great value, too. You can use them for up to three months in your furnace! Well, that’s what the package says anyway. It really depends on how dirty the filter gets. I check mine every month and if it needs replacing, I replace it. Doing so helps my furnace run smoothly and more efficiently. But really, the price is not bad at all on these and I think they are a great value.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121701955630831/k2311a0117/1.17.10