3D Pinball Space Cadet  » Games  »
  • I like to use this game to help wake myself up when I feel sleepy from writing too long
  • I admit I have no experience with pinball before I started playing this game and so some of the game mechanics still confuses me
  • And I think I get missions by hitting the three yellow balls near the middle of the screen, slightly to the left

• by bookwyrm

I like to use this game to help wake myself up when I feel sleepy from writing too long. It is a nice change of pace from typing and it does the job pretty well, allowing me later to go back to what I was working on. The game is fun and pretty mindless action. The controls are easy to learn, too. It uses the space bar, the “Z” and the “/” keys. All the odd sounds the game makes helps wake me up, too.

I admit I have no experience with pinball before I started playing

this game and so some of the game mechanics still confuses me. For example, I’m supposed to hit “Targets” to complete “Missions”. I’m still a bit unsure what those are, although I guess the flashing blue arrows points to the goal of the missions. And I think I get missions by hitting the three yellow balls near the middle of the screen, slightly to the left. It seems to be pretty random where the ball goes and I’m unsure if I have any control over that. Or that’s how I see it anyway. Mainly I ...

• try to keep an eye on the ball and hit it with one of the paddle-like things if it comes near the bottom of the screen.

I like trying to see how many of the round white lights I can get to light up on this game. Once I had seven of them glowing at once! I’m unsure what they represent: new balls I get or my rank in the space service? Anyway, I use that as a sort of goal as I’m still unclear on lots of the game mechanics. Most of the time I can’t

seem to get any of the light glowing or I get killed quickly. Oh well, it’s still fun.

One thing I think is poorly panned out is the words that appear on the right side of the game board. It says things like “Mission Accepted” or “Wormhole” or “Ship Refueled”. If I have to keep an eye on the fast moving ball then how am I supposed to read all of those words? I mean really‚Ķ That’s not very logical! Still, this is a very fun mindless game and it certainly wakes my sleepy brain up.

This game is very addictive!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281701955620831/k2311a0117/1.17.10