Movie AVP
0.5
  • There really is no plot, well, not an interesting one
  • I found myself growing sleepy and very bored while watching this on DVD
  • And I like creature movies and horror movies
  • I thought the rules of story writing was the protagonist (lead character) was supposed to be the one to face and defeat the creature at the end

• by bookwyrm

I recently saw this movie for the first time and truthfully I didn’t like it very much at all. In case you don’t know, “AVP” stands for “Alien Versus Predator”. I did remember the alien from the Alien series of films, but I didn’t recall the Predator at all. That turned out to be an ugly looking alien that was just as deadly as his Alien counterpart.

I actually found this movie very boring! Sure, it’s supposed to be an

action movie and it is, but the thing is there is too much brain-numbing action. The entire movie is just one big excuse to kill as many people as they can during the time it runs. The Alien kills people; the Predator kills people, the Government kills people in an effort to kill the two outer space creatures. There really is no plot, well, not an interesting one. I found myself growing sleepy and very bored while watching this on ...

• DVD. It’s all shooting, killing and action, one after the other.

There is no character development, no well thought out plot, none of the things that make this type of movie interesting. And I like creature movies and horror movies. But this is just awful! Throughout the entire movie I really didn’t learn anything about any of the characters (except the very slim basics) and that is sad. No was there really ever a showdown between the lead character and

the monster (either Alien or Predator). I thought the rules of story writing was the protagonist (lead character) was supposed to be the one to face and defeat the creature at the end? This movie ignores that rule and instead they run away.

A lot of this movie was too dark. It was hard to see what was going on in it. I realize they want to make it scary, but really. You can’t enjoy a movie if you can’t see what’s going on!

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111701955590831/k2311a0117/1.17.10