Kgori Safaris Tour Operator  » Travel  »
Maun, Botswana
  • My husband actually stumbled across this travel agency and the fact that it is based in Botswana itself made it convenient
  • It does not cost a lot of money to make national calls here as all calls are charged as national calls
  • I found this to be very helpful and a cheaper way of paying
  • Unfortunately, my time’s almost up in this country

• by bethbarl

When I first when to the Okavango Delta and Chobe in Botswana, I used a tour operator called Kgori Safaris. This travel agency is based in Maun. Since we would be doing a safari for 7 people, I looked in the internet first to see what the possibilities were. My husband actually stumbled across this travel agency and the fact that it is based in Botswana itself made it convenient.

Although I initially contacted them through email, the succeeding communications were done by phone. It does not cost a lot of money to make national calls here as all calls are charged as national calls.

Kgori offered several tailor made safaris in Botswana and neighboring countries as well. The only drawback I saw was that if you are alone

and want to do a safari by yourself, this might be a bit difficult. In my case, the trip we planned fitted with the ones they were offering which had to have at least 6 or more people.

Price-wise, the whole safari was expensive and as I have mentioned before in previous reviews, each night spent on a safari in Botswana would come close to about € 250.

Payment was also quite easy, I did not have to incur additional charges since I just deposited a cheque issued by my local bank and transfer it to the operator’s back account in Maun. I found this to be very helpful and a cheaper way of paying. Credit cards would have incurred additional 3% surcharge costs.

The main advantages of taking ...

• a local company to organize your tours is that it is easy to communicate with them and that payments are swift. Apart from this, taking an organized tour was also easier as all the bookings were done by them. All I had to do was pack, show up on time and bring a lot of enthusiasm with me.

Except for a delay on one of the chartered flights I took with the family, all aspects of our tour went smoothly and in fact ran like clockwork. I also got a detailed itinerary.

While on a safari in Moremi on our way to Mankwe, my husband left his binoculars case in the game drive vehicle we were in. It was not so much the value of the case that was important

but the fact that throughout the rest of the trip the binoculars would be unprotected in addition to running around looking for one which I was pretty sure we would not find in the bush. The guys at the Lodge just brought the case to Kgor Safaris who in turn posted the bag in the mail. My husband got it back a few weeks after the safari ended.

All in all, Kgori Safaris is worth well looking into if you have a safari in mind. The staff is friendly, accommodating and most of all competent in organizing a safari which would work for you. I would not hesitate to use this company if I ever want to do a safari again in Botswana. Unfortunately, my time’s almost up in this country.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381701955560831/k2311a0117/1.17.10