RSI Appliance Repair  » Business  »
0.5
Livonia, Michigan
  • I bought a fridge last January at ABC Warehouse and got the one year warranty
  • I noticed that the one door was very strong now and was not popping open, but the other one was
  • I called the maker of the fridge while they were still in my driveway and complained to them about the issue

• by beenthereusedthat

I bought a fridge last January at ABC Warehouse and got the one year warranty. When I shut the fridge door the freezer would pop open and vice versa after about 6 months. I called to have someone come out and repair it, they sent out RSI Appliance. That day I called to see when they were coming out.

According to their office they will be here anytime between 9 and 5. Well, I do not have all day to wait. I finally called at 2 p.

m. to see if they knew about when they would be here. As I was talking to the lady on the phone, a gentleman, I use that term very loosely, was yelling in the back ground that they will

be “at that b**ch’s house when we f***ing get there”.

Yes, those were his exact words. I was stunned. I told the lady who was on the phone that she can let him know I heard him.

She started apologizing saying that she only answered the phone and she is fed up too! Wow, what a good employee morale they have there! The repair man finally shows up and tells me that the fridge is supposed to do that and leaves. I called the company who makes the fridge and they tell me no, that is not supposed to happen. I called the repair number once again and told them that I would like another company to be sent out.

Once again, they ...

• sent out RSI. The same guy comes and tell me that there is nothing wrong and that if they say there is “than they can come out and fix it their ‘darn’ selves”. I told him that I wanted the magnetic strips replaced to ensure that we do not have any more problems.

They came out later that week and replaced only ONE magnetic strip, told me this is how these are and there is nothing else he is going to do. I noticed that the one door was very strong now and was not popping open, but the other one was. He would not even look at it and left.

I called the maker of the fridge while they were still in my driveway and

complained to them about the issue. They are still insisting that it is not normal and are sending out another company to look at it. The other company came out and told me that they ordered new parts and will be back to fix it.

According to them, I am not the only one who has this issue with RSI. The guy was a gentleman and said he does not like to bad mouth competition so he will leave it at that. I understood completely! Now when ABC Warehouse calls me daily to renew my warranty before it expires, I tell them when you get rid of RSI Appliance Repair I will be glad to renew it, until then I will hire their competitor to fix it myself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411701955490831/k2311a0117/1.17.10