Pump It Up - Dancing Game Simulation  » Entertainment  »
  • I thought it was more difficult than the older series of dancing simulation game, Dance Dance Revolution (DDR), since PIU using five panels while DDR only use four panels for single player mode
  • But after several trials I found out that I like PIU more than DDR

• by second_life

First time I played Pump It Up (PIU) was when I still on my second year at the university. I thought it was more difficult than the older series of dancing simulation game, Dance Dance Revolution (DDR), since PIU using five panels while DDR only use four panels for single player mode.

Put away my pessimist thought, I jumped and tried it with

one of my junior. At first, I felt some difficulties in following the arrows which appears on the screen, as I already used to the DDR game position. But after several trials I found out that I like PIU more than DDR.

Steps and rhythm are two of the essential matter for this kind of game. Perfectly matched step and the rhythm is ...

• the core and also the power of the game. It isn’t so hard actually, but I wonder why most of DDR songs don’t have good match for this two. Besides, PIU’s songs are catchy and have the right beat to support dancing style.

Our legs position will stay as they should be while we are playing PIU, but they will be turn some

degree to the right/left while we are playing DDR. So, a very same person can manage to play PIU longer than DDR since his/her legs are more relaxed.

And because of this, our body will feel more relaxed too. It will show it’s relaxation by moving easier on the panels. Support us to dance better and faster with it.

That’s why I prefer PIU to DDR.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591701955270831/k2311a0117/1.17.10