Golden Corral Buffet & Grill
1480 Eastern Blvd, Montgomey, AL 36117
  • I remember thinking that I'd have to visit several more times just to try all the interesting selections
  • I think that the next time that I go, I will time it better and go a little before the lunch rush or a little after

• by Mitzi

This Golden Corral is less than five years old, so it is still in good repair. I have been in older Golden Corrals in the past that weren’t in good repair and that is a real turn off. If the restaurant isn’t in good repair, it makes me wonder about the cleanliness of the place. I like the new design. It has a lot more chrome and glass than the old style Golden Corrals. There are more windows too, so

everything is bright and shiny. The old GCs were like going into a cave, they were that dark.

The cashier that took our money was friendly. The waitress that was assigned to our table was attentive. This is a buffet style restaurant, so the waitress didn’t have as much to do as in a traditional one, but she kept our beverage glasses full and our table free of used plates. Both of the these ladies made me feel that they appreciated ...

• my business and made me want to come back.

The food was great and the variety was almost overwhelming. I remember thinking that I’d have to visit several more times just to try all the interesting selections. The food is well cooked, but not over done. The broccoli was steamed to perfection.(I really hate pale and mushy broccoli!) The items that I tried were hot and there was plenty of them.

I miss the serving trays that they used to have to

put your plates on. It made navigating the bar a whole lot easier. Now you have to balance your knife, fork, and spoon on top of your food while going back to your chair.

The tables and chairs are very close together and because it is a popular, inexpensive place to eat, it was crowded and noisy. I think that the next time that I go, I will time it better and go a little before the lunch rush or a little after.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71701955140831/k2311a0117/1.17.10