IKEA Hemnes white kingsized bed frame  » Furniture  »
0.5
stoughton, ma
  • When I was putting this together, literally a day after it had arrived, I noticed that there was a giant cracked piece inside one of the packages and I called them and after waiting for a while, I got someone on the phone and they agreed to send me a replacement

• by ikeasucks

We bought an entire HEMNES bedroom set including drawers, side tables, and a king sized bed frame a couple of years ago for our guest room. Costing somewhere between $800-1000 for the whole set.

IKEA gave me the usual threat about warranty and returns at store only if not opting for delivery to home, and I opted for delivery to home because I wanted any issues to be dealt with at home.

When I was putting this together, literally a

day after it had arrived, I noticed that there was a giant cracked piece inside one of the packages and I called them and after waiting for a while, I got someone on the phone and they agreed to send me a replacement.

Now after a couple of years of little to no use, we converted the room to be our 8 year old daughter’s room.. and literally a week of her sleeping on that bed, this morning the ...

• side of the frame cracked and sent the slats and the bedding down with my daughter.

The side piece had pretty much ripped from the slat holder, as though it was unable to hold her weight - and she is under 50lb.

I’ve been trying to get someone from IKEA for over half an hour now, and working through their monstrous phone system.. I finally got down to the store customer service only to realize that it was set to

be in an infinite loop - the same message keeps replaying again and again and after half an hour, I just gave up. Even if I had gotten them, I am not sure if they would not have given me the runaround.

Bottom line - this product is substandard and plain unsafe.

bottom line #2 - IKEA has terrible terrible customer service. Go spend your money elsewhere, where they actually care about the customer to want to at least take your call.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 571701955130831/k2311a0117/1.17.10