Lexmark X2670 All in One Printer Subject of Cartridges
  • The reason I preferred it at first sight is its appropriate cost
  • It was really a satisfying first experience for me, because it was so easy to install and the installation guide is so user friendly
  • That’s why 3 months after I bought X2670
  • I couldn’t refill the cartridges because I learned that Lexmark gives 2 test cartridges with the product, and they cannot be refilled
  • Lexmark really provides a great printout quality with its devices but, especially for home users it must be a major point to consider before making a choice, and it will depend on to the customers’ expectations

• by Ceyhun

Lexmark X2670 is my first All in one inkjet printer, also scanner and copier. The reason I preferred it at first sight is its appropriate cost. It was really a satisfying first experience for me, because it was so easy to install and the installation guide is so user friendly. Inside the box you find a CD of Lexmark’s own editing software.

So that you can change your scans right by editing them in the way you want. Or you can translate the text images into a word file with the OCR application within the

CD. These all really satisfied me, and also the fast printing quality.

The copying isn’t great such as the professional copy machines’ but it is ok. By the way I do not make too much printing. If I need huge number of printouts, I usually prefer to obtain it from copy centres.

That’s why 3 months after I bought X2670; I have run out of cartridges. As I heard from around, I was thinking it was easy and cheap to refill cartridges. But I saw that it wasn’t as I dreamed.

I couldn’t refill the ...

• cartridges because I learned that Lexmark gives 2 test cartridges with the product, and they cannot be refilled. Lexmark x2670 takes the cartridge number 14 and 15; this is what I found in the product box. Now, I know that only the cartridge number 14A and 15A can be refilled.

And this means a higher price than the Lexmark X2670 device on its own. So you have to buy new cartridges to refill. Moreover, when you refill, you cannot have the same productivity as well as the new cartridges.

If I had any opinion about this

before I had the product, I would think about it once again. Because most of us don’t want to charge for extras more than we charge for the device. Lexmark really provides a great printout quality with its devices but, especially for home users it must be a major point to consider before making a choice, and it will depend on to the customers’ expectations.

If the quality is the first in your list I can suggest Lexmark with its respectable customer support. But if you pay attention to your budget also, you have to make a calculation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161701954910731/k2311a0117/1.17.10