WalGreens Chap-Aid  » Health  »
0.5
  • I usually wear lip-gloss, but I noticed the wind was completely drying my lips within thirty minutes to an hour
  • Therefore, I decided to try a sample of chapstick I had gotten from some event I went to a while back

• by C.Channing

For the past two weeks, the temperature has been a record low in the South. Causing me to have extremely dry and cracked lips. I usually wear lip-gloss, but I noticed the wind was completely drying my lips within thirty minutes to an hour. Therefore, I decided to try a sample of chapstick I had gotten from some event I went to a while back.

I had heard using medicated chapstick was best to use for dry and cracked lips. I wasn’t sure if the Chap-Aid was medicated, but it did say it contained

SPF 4 sunscreen/skin protection. Once I put it on I started panicking: The Chap-Aid went from burning to a numbing sensation. I had never work chapstick before, so I didn’t really know how it was suppose to work, but burning the mess out of my lips was not a normal reaction. I quickly wiped the chapstick off my lips and ran to the nearest mirror to check and see if I had some reaction. My lips and face were fine, but I didn’t trust using Chap-Aid on my lips again.

After I finish checking ...

• my face in the mirror, I immediately went to the chapstick to read the ingredients; of course I didn’t comprehend any of the listed ingredients, but I made a mental note to check for those in other beauty products I would purchase. I completely disliked the smell of Chap-Aid because it smelled like Vapor Rub, which looking back, should have made me see the red flags right then and there. Although it was the worst smelling and caused my lips to have a bad reaction to the stuff, it did help the
        dead skin on my lips peel away. Other than that, I really have nothing good to say about the product.

Overall, Walgreens Chap-Aid is the worst chapstick I’ve ever encountered. It made my lips burn and then made them numb; it smelled of Vapor Rub; and it was just plain horrible. Fortunately for me, I had got it in a bag of samples from Walgreens, so I didn’t lose any money in the process; however, I will not be purchasing Chap-Aid in the future, nor will I recommend it to others. What a horrible product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341501954670631/k2311a0115/1.15.10