Sun Wireless Prepaid Broadband
0.5
  • Unfortunately, my excitement to finally get a steady stream of internet access was dashed to bits
  • This design problem will creep up once more if I need to use both USB ports at the same time
  • Needless to say, I pretty disappointed with Sun Broadband Wireless prepaid, which seems like a glorified dial-up service

• by tsimon

I recently purchased a Sun Wireless Prepaid Broadband kit. Unfortunately, my excitement to finally get a steady stream of internet access was dashed to bits. I live in the Mandaluyong area, near Shaw Boulevard and the good people at Sun advised me that the signal in the area is a bit slow.

The signal was not just slow. It was impossible to connect.

It reminded me of the old days of dial-up internet. The “can’t connect” window just

kept popping up during my first handful of attempts in three hours.

But the snail-paced, retarded connection was effective for one thing: it made me forget about the bulky design of the USB modem. I’m being sarcastic here.

The Sun Broadband modem was big so much so that it blocked the second USB port in my laptop, and effectively forced me to work without a mouse. And I love using my mouse.

This design problem will creep up ...

• once more if I need to use both USB ports at the same time. But I guess the big, white stick is in keeping with all things “retro:” the chunky modem that harks back to the older USB versions is a perfect match with a connection at the pace of dial-up networking.

For now, I’ll have to scout around for an area where the signal is stronger, or for a time (like perhaps at 3 am) when connecting

is faster. Or worse, I may have to sell the USB modem.

For now, I guess I’ll be leeching off of my neighbor who has yet to put a password in his account. Needless to say, I pretty disappointed with Sun Broadband Wireless prepaid, which seems like a glorified dial-up service.

I’d also like to warn you folks out there to never, ever believe the TV ads. At least this is a warning those who live in Mandaluyong City, Manila.

Hi Arbon,

You may contact Sun Customer service

Toll-free from your Sun Cellular mobile phone 333
    Landline (02) 395-3333

MEV says :

By the way, its 200 now for their customer support.

arbon says :

why does my sun broadband wireless is requsting an unlock code for the datacard?

MEV says :

You can contact their customer support — Toll free from your Sun Cellular mobile phone 200
    Landline (02)395-8000

Jemz says :

What data card are u inserting of?

Jules Li says :

Jemz, I don’t fully understand what you’re asking here. Sun Wireless has multiple data cards, most of them are USB.

arbon says :

why does my sun broadband wireless is requesting a unlock code for the datacard???

Jules Li says :

The unlock code is likely for you sim card. This is a security measure. To get the unlock code, you will have to contact Sun Wireless.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 211501954620631/k2311a0115/1.15.10