Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System  » Software  »
  • I know I’m getting a legal copy before the trial on my laptop starts shutting down in March
  • It’s really among the best operating systems out there

• by poyayan

As many of you already know, Microsoft has made its newest computer operating system, Windows 7, available for trial since its beta stages. That means there have been millions of people like me who have been enjoying a free top-of-the-line OS for the past few months, as the trial version is actually Windows 7 Ultimate.

Windows 7 Ultimate comes with the shiny, simplistic Aero interface people

will more commonly attribute to Macintosh operating systems. Window transparency, desktop widgets, wallpapers changing at preset intervals—all of those are part of the new-look Windows.

Performance-wise, I can say I’ve never been happier. My laptop, an old 15-inch Compaq Presario, was built for Vista. I downgraded to Windows XP to save space and utilize memory better. When I installed Windows 7, the performance of my laptop ...

• just shot up. It’s like everything went 150 percent faster than when I was running XP. Plus, all the driver-related issues were solved.

I’ve had the OS installed on my laptop for several months now since, well, June of 2009. I must say, Windows 7 is the bomb. Those who are used to Vista but don’t want to deal with the software and performance issues would

do well to upgrade to Windows’ latest incarnation—even if it’s just the Home trim and not the trial’s high-end Ultimate edition.

Me? I know I’m getting a legal copy before the trial on my laptop starts shutting down in March. It’s really among the best operating systems out there. It’s not going to be cheap, but with Windows 7, Microsoft has earned my respect—and my hard-earned cash.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 301501954490631/k2311a0115/1.15.10