Banquet TV dinners  » Food  »
1.0
  • I think Banquet was one of the first companies to offer them
  • Well, last week I noticed they were on sale for $1 and because this price was a lot better than some of the other dinners I sometimes buy, I thought why not

• by Keukagirl

When I was a kid my mom would on occasion buy Banquet TV dinners for us and I loved them. I think Banquet was one of the first companies to offer them.

Anyway, I remember the fried chicken dinners were pretty good overall.

They actually tasted like real food back in the

1970s.

Well, last week I noticed they were on sale for $1 and because this price was a lot better than some of the other dinners I sometimes buy, I thought why not.

This was a huge mistake.

Tonight, I tried the turkey dinner with gravy, stuffing, mashed potatos, and peas and ...

• was utterly disgusted.

The slice of turkey was the size of a piece of lunch meat.

The stuffing consisted of a few croutons tossed over the thin turkey and liquid gravy mess.

The mashed potatoes tasted processed and bland in a bad way.

The peas looked like they had freezer burn and

tasted that way too.

I sometimes let my cats have a little taste after I’m done.

But all three of them sniffed the dish and snubbed it immediately.

If animals won’t eat it, maybe we shouldn’t either.

I hope Banquet returns to making real food someday, but for now I won’t be buying them.

Banquet TV dinners
    Bessie says :

I think its great food esp the fried chicken Great crust and meat and corn and potatos

robert says :

re : Well, last week I noticed they were on sale for $1 and because this price was a lot better than some of the other dinners I sometimes buy, I thought why not
    Disgusting.

Linda says :

I bought the fish sticks macaroni cheese mini dinner. Well the Macaroni was ok. But when I tasted the fish sticks, omg It was really groce. Gray matter inside with mushy bread like jello. I would not feed it to my dog. Please take it off the market. No way feed it to the homeless either. I think I’ll go fishing on the lake for my next meal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271501954460631/k2311a0115/1.15.10