Bass Pro Shop- Outdoor World  » Business  »
1935 South Campbell Avenue, Springfield, Mo.
  • The Pro Shop has some of the best quality clothes with prices not that out of line
  • I like trying different things, I have eaten alligator here, which I really liked as well as other exotic foods

• by Sandi

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

We only live about an hour drive from Springfield Mo. , go there to shop and eat at least a few times a month. There is so much more to do for the whole family than where we live in Joplin, Mo. One place we go on almost every trip is the Bass Pro Shop-Outdoor World. When my husband first drug us to the Bass Pro Shop I was not all that excited. My idea of what the Bass Pro Shop was just that it would have lots of fishing and hunting supplies, something I or my girls are not at all interested in.

It is now one of all of our favorite places to visit in Springfield. I really like the shopping part. While my husband browses all the hunting, fishing and their huge electronic selection, I shop for clothes. The Pro Shop has some of the best quality clothes with

prices not that out of line. We always have money on our Bass Pro Card for purchases as well.

Everytime we purchase something we get money put on the card for future purchases. My kids love all the real life stuffed animals throughout the Bass Pro. They even have a huge kodiak bear that was known to have killed some people before a hunter brought him down. The kids also get a kick out of the huge, wall size aquariums with all the different fish. We have been there at the right time a couple of times and got to see them being fed.

There is also a real live huge snapping turtles the girls like. The Bass Pro is quite uniquely set up inside. My favorite is the waterfall with a wooden bridge to walk over. This place is so huge, we have spent hours at a time and not ...

• seen everything. I have to say the very best part is the Wildlife Museum.

This does have a fee to enter, but well worth it. They have about every animal, fish and bird, either stuffed or alive that you will see in Missouri and the Ozarks. Another part of the Bass Pro is the huge boat shop. They have boats of every kind and shape and the sales people are very helpful. My husband is working with one of the sales people right now.

We are hopeing to get a new boat by spring. They are working with us, trying to get a payment plan and the right boat for our faomily, not trying to oversell us. If we get hungry while at the Bass Pro Shop we can grab a quick bite at McDonalds which is right inside. When we have extra time and cash we eat at Hemmingways which

is also located inside the Bass Pro Shop. Hemingways may be a little pricey, but it is great for a splurge.

My husband loves the steaks and my girls usually eat one of thier huge specialty sandwhiches or a pasta dish. I like trying different things, I have eaten alligator here, which I really liked as well as other exotic foods. I have even tried some African Cuisine, which was okay. I would probably not order it over something else, but I can say I tried it. There is always something new and different on the menu.

Most of what I have eaten was great. The Bass Pro along is one place the kids even ask to go now whenever we are in Springfield. We love this place and will continue going. I am glad my husband drug us there now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411401954340831/k2311a0114/1.14.10