Strepsils Lozenges  » Medicine  »
  • However even if I’ve taken all necessary precautions to avoid sore throat or any throat related infections, there are pollutions around such as cigarette smoke that could easily bring in bacteria into my throat causing itchiness and eventually sore throat
  • When I consulted the doctor about this problem, he advised that I should always have a medicated lozenge to lubricate the lining of my throat whenever I feel irritation is already starting up
  • Strepsils as per my own experience is very helpful in treating the first signs of sore throat nevertheless if sore throat has worsen, Strepsils could be of little help already

• by ladyli

Sore throat is a very disturbing condition. I normally get sore throat when I have colds and many times also when I engage in too much screaming like when watching games of my favorite basketball team. I do get sore throats too after long and vigorous business discussions. My throat has become very fragile and sensitive so that I need to take extra care of it.

However even if I’ve taken all necessary precautions to avoid sore throat or any throat related infections, there are pollutions around such as cigarette smoke that could easily bring in bacteria into my throat causing itchiness and eventually sore throat. This is the reason why I’ve practically dread places where smoking is allowed. I hate cigarette smoke.

However, it is impossible to really escape this because smoking people

are all over. All along the street I could encounter them and even in waiting areas for buses. I could not totally escape from them and each time I inhaled cigarette smoke, I could immediately notice my throat getting irritated sooner or later.

Of course salt water gargles could be helpful but how could I do it when out of home or office? This is the reason why salt water first aid although effective is not almost always easy for me to do. When sore throat gets worse then that means I have to mellow and take some rest and find some comfort in warm honey and lemon juice. But it must be a real pure raw honey like Tupelo which is costly and only available in one health store far from my place.

...

• If not, I had to take medicine to find healing. It takes around two weeks before sore throat heals and oftentimes it is not just sore throat but it is accompanied by headache and fever. As far as my experiences are concerned it is really bothersome to have sore throat not only because of the pain but because it disrupts me from performing my speaking and teaching jobs smoothly.

When I consulted the doctor about this problem, he advised that I should always have a medicated lozenge to lubricate the lining of my throat whenever I feel irritation is already starting up. At the first sign of sore throat threat, he advised that I start sucking the medicated lozenge to discourage sore throat from prospering. He prescribed Strepsils and advised me to have some

of it on my purse so that I could reach for it easily whenever I feel signs of sore throat coming in.

That was the very first time I would be using Strepsils although I used to see my Dad sucking Strepsils too when having throat itchiness. So I am now happy because Strepsils brings easy relief to me wherever I am. I would admit that at first I did not like the quite strong sour taste but later I got used to it.

I’m glad Strepsils comes in various flavors but I particularly like the Honey & Lemon and also the Orange and Vitamin C. Strepsils as per my own experience is very helpful in treating the first signs of sore throat nevertheless if sore throat has worsen, Strepsils could be of little help already.

Strepsils Lozenges

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261401953830731/k2311a0114/1.14.10