Pearl Drops Daily Whitening Toothpaste  » Health  »
  • So I certainly didn't buy this toothpaste because I want to whiten my teeth, or I think it will help in anyway
  • Well it definitely leaves my teeth feeling very clean and smooth when I run my tongue over them

• by endymion78

First off, I always treat the bold claims of manufacturers with a healthy dose of cynicism. When treatments at your dentist involve chemical bleaching, or laser whitening (that’s practically science-fiction) how can a simple toothpaste make any difference? So I certainly didn’t buy this toothpaste because I want to whiten my teeth, or I think it will help in anyway.

To be honest I purchased it because it was on offer at Asda.

And the whole rigmarole of gradually rolling up a tube to squeeze out the toothpaste when

it reaches the end is a pain. It tends to get messy in someway. Or the neat tube no longer fits in your toothbrush cup / holder because it is now a screwed up twisted ball.

So I really like the design of this toothpaste. 1. It looks neat 2. It’s practical - because it stands on it’s head there is less desperate squeezing and the toothpaste tends to be near the lid and ready to apply to your brush without too much hassle. I’m all for less ...

• hassle when I’ve not quite woken up in the morning.

Does it work? Well it definitely leaves my teeth feeling very clean and smooth when I run my tongue over them.

I’m not convinced it has much of a whitening effect. My teeth do seem ever-so-slightly less yellow, and a little brighter perhaps after continual use. Not a few shades whiter, but certainly more healthy looking. I tend to smile a toothy smile, less conscious of my yellow tea-stained gnashers.

The final thing is the taste. Now I used

to dislike the taste. I don’t know why exactly - it tastes the way I imagine a kitchen cleaner would. Slightly soapy, but not - slightly minty (spearmint), but not. It basically doesn’t have the usual false minty taste you would get from most other toothpaste. But I’ve actually grown accustomed to it, and almost prefer it to heavy Peppermint or Spearmint flavours.

So whilst I am still a cynic at heart, I do really love this toothpaste and will continue to buy it, even when it is full price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341401953400631/k2311a0114/1.14.10