Junel Fe Contraceptive Pill  » Health  »
  • When my doctor switched me to Loestrin Fe, I went to Rite Aid with my insurance card, and with my insurance it cost me $40 a pack
  • I also have not gotten pregnant, so it definitely serves its purpose of preventing pregnancy
  • Each person is affected differently by birth control pills, as not all people will experience the same side effects

• by forevergrateful12

If you think that you shouldn’t use a generic form of birth control because it is less effective, then you are very wrong. I’m sure there are certain kinds that you should be aware of that don’t work as well, but Junel Fe is not one of them.

I was prescibed Junel Fe by my university gynecologist because I was having very severe cramps and because I have fybro cystic breast disease and it’s supposed to help keep the lumps away. Junel Fe is the generic form of the birth control pill Loestrin Fe. There really aren’t many differences between the two, other than Junel Fe is much much cheaper. At retail price, Junel Fe is $22 a pack, which is really cheap. This is without using health insurance. I had to pay the retail price because my school pharmacy would not allow me to use my insurance

card unless it was their insurance. I probably wouldn’t have had to pay anything if I had went to another pharmacy like Rite Aid or CVS.

When my doctor switched me to Loestrin Fe, I went to Rite Aid with my insurance card, and with my insurance it cost me $40 a pack. That means that if I hadn’t had my insurance card, it would have been even more than that! I don’t see a point in using the brand name form of a birth control if the generic works just fine. On Junel Fe, I have very limited cramps. I usually only get minor ones about a day or two before my period starts. My period comes on time, either on Monday or Tuesday during the inactive pills, so it’s not like I’m really guessing when it’s going to start.

One major difference between the generic and ...

• the brand name is that with the brand name one, it has 3 more active pills, which means that there are only four inactive pills. The generic has seven inactive pills. This is just one small downside to the generic because in reality, your period could come during any of the seven inactive pills. With the brand name, you have a better idea of when your menstral cycle will start because it has to start sometimes during the four inactive pills. But even so, my period always come on Monday or Tuesday on the generic, so it’s a very small price to pay.

The only side effects of Junel Fe that I have had is that the very first two weeks, I was extremely moody. i would just have these random mood swings that I could not control. But my doctor said that it would go away in

a few weeks and it did. I don’t get sick after taking the pill, I barely even notice that I’m on it. It also has given me much lighter periods and it only lasts for about 2- 2 1/2 days, which is great compared to the 5-6 day cycle I had before I started birth control. I also have not gotten pregnant, so it definitely serves its purpose of preventing pregnancy.

Each person is affected differently by birth control pills, as not all people will experience the same side effects. Some are worse than others. As this is a presciption, you need to talk to your doctor about which kind of birth control is right for you considering your medical history and if it is safe for you to take it. Don’t forget to ask questions if you are unsure about something.

I give Junel Fe and overall rating of an 8.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341401953380631/k2311a0114/1.14.10