VO5 Normal Balancing Shampoo
1.5
  • I like the kind of shampoo that leaves my hair smelling fresh and clean, maybe with some berries or apple smell
  • I know it may sound like I'm exaggerating, and I am a little bit
  • When I was walking in Rite Aid the other day looking for my shampoo, I saw VO5 Normal Balancing Shampoo and noticed that it was only a few dollars to buy it
  • If you don't have normal thin, straight hair, I would not recommend buying this shampoo, because the bottle is being serious when it says that it's only made for that kind of hair

• by forevergrateful12

I had to use VO5 Normal Balancing Shampoo at my older sister’s house because I forgot to bring the usual kind that I use. She has much thinner and straight hair than I do, so I see why it may work for her but it pretty much ruined my hair for the day. I have thick, course hair that absolutely needs the maximum amount of moisturizing shampoo that a shampoo can have. VO5 is not a moisturing shampoo, so trust the bottle when it says it’s for normal hair. I would have been better off if I hadn’t washed my hair at all and I just left it dirty.

First of all, it didn’t make my hair

smell very good. I like the kind of shampoo that leaves my hair smelling fresh and clean, maybe with some berries or apple smell. But VO5 left my hair kind of smelling like oil. It smelled worse than it had before I started washing my hair. And I was around people who were smoking and my hair smelled like smoke. It literally smelled worse after I washed it. I know it may sound like I’m exaggerating, and I am a little bit. But seriously, if you are looking for a shampoo that will make your hair smell extra good, this is not the kind to use.

Secondly, it is not a very thick shampoo, which tells a

lot about it. With the usual kind of shampoo that I use, when I squart a little into my hand, it stays on my hand because it is thick enough to do so. With this VO5 shampoo, it just ran off my hair. It was almost as thin as water. I actually had to cup my hand a little to make it stay in my hand. It was pretty annoying. It also did not lather the say shampoo is supposed to. When you wash your hair, you are supposed to be able to feel it get really bubbly and see white suds in your hair, kind of like in your dish water. But this didn’t exactly ...

• VO5 Normal Balancing Shampoo
      happen with this shampoo, at least not with my hair. I had to put double the amount of shampoo in my hair to make it lather just a little bit the way I wanted it to.

When I got out of the shower, my hair felt stringy and almost impossible to brush through. It got all knotted up and it took me twice as long to get my brush through it. Then, I wasn’t even able to style it the way I wanted to. My hair was all frizzy, which it normally is like that, but it was even worse. This shampoo completely dried out my hair and made it unmanageable.

When I was walking in Rite Aid

the other day looking for my shampoo, I saw VO5 Normal Balancing Shampoo and noticed that it was only a few dollars to buy it. The shampoo that I usually use costs about four dollars more. Not always, but in some cases, you simply get what you pay for. If you don’t have normal thin, straight hair, I would not recommend buying this shampoo, because the bottle is being serious when it says that it’s only made for that kind of hair. If you have hair like mine ot similar to mine, buy some shampoo that will be able to nourish your hair, even if you have to pay a couple more bucks. It will be worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341401953370631/k2311a0114/1.14.10