Barbra Streisand: Till I Loved You CD
  • Till I Loved You CD, but the one thing I think of every time I listen to it is, 'What the heck was she thinking

• by Orrymain

I really do love Barbra Streisand: Till I Loved You CD, but the one thing I think of every time I listen to it is, ‘What the heck was she thinking?’ It all stems from the title song, a really wonderful, powerful yet tender love song called Till I loved You which is sung with, of all people, Don Johnson.

Don Johnson is

perhaps best known for starring in Miami Vice and being Melanie Griffith’s ex-husband (twice yet). For some strange reason, Streisand had some, well, I guess it was a love affair with Johnson. I didn’t get it at the time, and I still don’t get it. These two are beyond being the odd couple.

That said, Johnson is an okay singer.

• I first heard him sing a long time ago, early in his career on an episode of The Bold Ones. The duet is wonderful. I thoroughly love listening to it and play it quite a bit. Still, I keep asking, ‘What the heck was she thinking?’ Oddly, this CD has a song on it called What Were We Thinking.

Moving

on, the rest of the CD is also wonderful. I love the sweet sounds Streisand makes. She was a perfectionist back then so every note is the ultimate. My other much loved performance is of All I Ask of You from The Phantom of the Opera. It’s simply superb. Sit back and enjoy. That’s what I do!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141401953180631/k2311a0114/1.14.10