BLV eau de parfum II
2.0
  • It did last, but it didn't have the zest that I like as the day wore on
  • I know it's a fragrance, but if I didn't know it was a fragrance, I wouldn't even notice it

• by Orrymain

If you look at the advertisements for BLV eau de parfum II, touted as “the new fragrance for women,” it’s a very strong and intense look; perhaps even bold. For me, though, it wasn’t quite bold enough.

I go a lot by instinct, how I first react to a fragrance, and I wasn’t sure about this one at first

sniff, so to speak. It was okay, but I questioned its strength and just what kind of a statement it was going to make, if any, as I wore it.

In truth, BLV eau de parfum II felt like it was just there. It didn’t jump out and say ‘hey, here I am’. It liked a vibrancy ...

• in scent. It was okay, but not really inviting. That was my initial take and even now it’s how I feel about it. It did last, but it didn’t have the zest that I like as the day wore on. I want to say it was boring, even dull.

This may seem surprising considering some of

the notes used, including violet, star anise, licorice, mandarin, iris absolute, ambergris, and musk. Maybe it’s just too soft. I know it’s a fragrance, but if I didn’t know it was a fragrance, I wouldn’t even notice it. In other words, where’s the intensity and boldness shown in the ads? It certainly isn’t with the product itself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561401952890531/k2311a0114/1.14.10