Philips Filterline Kettle HD 4389
  • As the restaurant was not open, at least I thought it would be nice to have a steady supply of hot water to make tea or coffee for the afternoon and that night
  • I found this quite practical as the cottage I was in could accommodate at least 4-6 people very easily
  • The only disadvantage I see is that as it is nearly 2 liters when filled, the kettle gets heavy
  • In this case, it becomes a bit difficult to pour water into smaller cups where precision is quite important to avoid scalding one’s self

• by bethbarl

This water heater was the only machine which was working in the kitchenette at the Arcadia Guesthouse. As the restaurant was not open, at least I thought it would be nice to have a steady supply of hot water to make tea or coffee for the afternoon and that night. The guesthouse supplied some tea bags, coffee sachets and sugar. Fortunately, I had some sandwiches which I could use for a hastily rustled up dinner. There was not even a fridge in the room and again, it was wise to have the fridge in the car which kept at least some food fresh. What I missed was bringing hot chocolate for the kids. It would have been handy to make at least hot chocolate for them

even without milk.

This blue water boiler has a huge capacity – about 1.7 liters. I found this quite practical as the cottage I was in could accommodate at least 4-6 people very easily. It saves one time from doing several pots of boiling water. It was certainly enough for the 4 of us and even good for a second round of beverages.

This machine is also easy to use, there was practically no need for me to read any manual. The kettle is lodged on the base which is connected to the electricity. It is also cordless making it handy to bring around the cottage be it in the small dining table or outside in the front porch.

As it operates automatically, I just had to open the ...

• lid, put water in it and once the water is boiled, it shuts off by itself. There is also an indicator light which shows when the machine is actually switched on or not. I can also see the water level from the outside without opening the lid which enables me to put just the right amount of water that I would need. The handle also gives a good and steady grip on my hands I was not scared I would spill or drop the pot. In addition, the handle does not heat.

The spout is just of the right size which makes pouring water in cups or mugs easy. The only disadvantage I see is that as it is nearly 2 liters when filled, the kettle gets heavy. In

this case, it becomes a bit difficult to pour water into smaller cups where precision is quite important to avoid scalding one’s self.

More importantly, it heats water so quickly in less than 2 minutes that this water heater would be a constant companion during our stay at this guesthouse. It at least salvaged our dinner which consisted of sandwiches, tea and coffee.

All in all, I would not mind buying this brand of kettle the next time I am in the market for new small kitchen appliances. It has a big capacity, boils water quickly and is easy to use. As to its durability, I can see with the state of heating rods inside the machine that this was used all the time by the guests. It works perfectly without any problem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161401952870531/k2311a0114/1.14.10