Smashbox O Glow Intuitive Cheek Color  » Cosmetics  »
  • I guess I agree that this is an apt description for the shade
  • The only ingredient that I can really vouch for is the pomegranate seed because I know that that is an antioxidant
  • I love using antioxidants to improve my health so that is the only ingredient that really excited me about this product

• by Intensify

Smashbox O-Glow Intuitive Cheek Color with Goji Berry-C Complex is one of those products that just sounds like it is going to be a good investment. I see it just about every time I walk into a Sephora and I finally got up the nerve to try it. As complicated as it sounds, it is basically just a blush that comes in gel form inside of a tube. It only comes in one color so the difficulty of trying to match the exact shade of skin to the perfect pink is instantly eliminated. On the tube, it calls the pink a “sheer rosy pink”. I guess I

agree that this is an apt description for the shade. I really do like the shade because it is not at all hot pink. It isn’t too bright or over-the-top. The allure of this product is that it is supposed to be an intuitive gel that specifically reacts with your skin to transform into the shade that you would have on your cheeks if you blushed naturally. I’m not so sure about the validity of this claim. I don’t know if makeups can actually do this, but the shade of pink seems to work well. It is genuinely one of those shades of pink that could ...

• be what someone’s skin would look like if she were naturally blushing.

I am more partial to blush when it comes in powder form just because it seems like one of those final steps that should be lightly dusted onto the cheeks at the end of the makeup routine. When you use gel or cream blush, you run the risk of ruining your other layers of liquid makeup. It just makes me nervous. However, this gel blush isn’t too bad. It isn’t hard to apply. It is easily blended. It doesn’t just sit on top of the skin.

The special Goji Berry-C Complex is something I’d never heard

of prior to purchasing this product. It is supposed to be good for the skin. This product also contains ginkgo biloba, pomegranate seeds, and marine botanicals to improve the health of your skin. The only ingredient that I can really vouch for is the pomegranate seed because I know that that is an antioxidant. I love using antioxidants to improve my health so that is the only ingredient that really excited me about this product.

For the price, you do not get very much of the product. Although I do like this product because it is effective and good for the skin, I do prefer other blushes like NARS or Maybelline.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311401952710531/k2311a0114/1.14.10