Equate Cold Head Congestion Nighttime Caplets  » Medicine  »
  • However, I can say that the Equate tablets are cheaper

• by a_light

Because I have been feeling under the weather lately, I have used quite a few different off brand medications available at the local drug store. One of the products I’ve used recently is the Equate Cold Head Congestion Nighttime caplets.

As a medication, it is meant to be a pain reliever, antihistamine, nasal decongestant, fever reducer, and cough suppressant.

The box also states that its formula does not contain pseudoephedrine, the stimulant that encourages wakefulness.

It is supposedly comparable to Tylenol Cold Head Congestion’s active ingredients, according to the package.

I have yet to use the Tylenol brand caplets, so I cannot say which product is better.

However, I can say that the Equate tablets are cheaper.

The package also advertises pills with a cool blast flavor; I have no idea what that means, as I usually just swallow my caplets outright, so I cannot say anything about that aspect.

As for ...

• the medicine’s effectiveness, it did relieve my fever and relieve some of my body aches, but it didn’t perform as well as a cough suppressant or nasal decongestant.

I am not sure if it is because my symptoms were so heavy that it had no effect, but my nose was still stuffed and my cough still prevalent.

Although it did not work well as a cough suppressant or nasal decongestant, being a fever reducer did help my

discomfort at night.

Even though they are labeled nighttime caplets, I did not feel drowsy after taking them.

I’m not sure if they’re meant to make the user drowsy, but they didn’t make me sleepy.

Also, once it reduced my fever, the symptom did not return, so that was fortunate.

As a cure-all pill, it did not fully reduce all the symptoms on the box, but it did ease the discomfort caused by my fever, which was helpful.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261401952530531/k2311a0114/1.14.10