Truffettes de France French Truffles
  • So this Christmas, when our OFW relatives came home, they brought Donckels Belgian Truffles (separate review available) which were really delicious and were an instant hit in my household
  • I was a little hesitant to buy because what my family liked were the ones from Belgium, but I decided to try anyway
  • When I tasted the French Truffles by Truffettes de France, I immediately noticed the difference between the French truffles and the Belgian truffles
  • I think though, that if I did not taste the Belgian truffles first, I would have easily liked the French truffles by Truffettes de France

• by JustCurious

The Filipinos have this very unique custom that whenever somebody comes home from somewhere, especially another country, the one coming home brings gifts to his friends and family, usually something indigenous to the place he just came from. So this Christmas, when our OFW relatives came home, they brought Donckels Belgian Truffles (separate review available) which were really delicious and were an instant hit in my household.

Since we

could not find any store in Metro Manila which carried them (believe me, I looked), we were willing to settle for any kind of chocolate truffles.

While we were shopping at the Mall of Asia, we passed by a free stand called Truffetes de France selling different kinds of truffles from France.

• but I decided to try anyway.

A box containing 30 pieces of truffles (a little bigger than Hersheys Chocolate Kiss) costs around US$4.

50 and was a bit more expensive than the Belgian Truffles.

When I tasted the French Truffles by Truffettes de France, I immediately noticed the difference between the French truffles and the Belgian truffles.

The truffles I took a bite were dusted with cocoa powder, but they

tasted drier than the Donckels Belgian truffles.

The French truffles were also smaller and the cocoa stuck to the roof of my tongue.

The Belgian truffles slid down my throat easily.

I think though, that if I did not taste the Belgian truffles first, I would have easily liked the French truffles by Truffettes de France.

They were also delicious truffles, just not as delicious as Donckels Belgian Truffles.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271401952510531/k2311a0114/1.14.10